Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Refused entry to Caravan Club Campsite

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
This is why I mostly head for Europe. None of this nonsense over there...!!!

You cannot imagine how many stupid things we Spaniards have to put up from our "fantastic" government and their "likeable" friends who own camp sites. I agree France is a paradise, but I don´t think is the European usual.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
now this is the camper they need to refusecamper DIY.jpg

Last edited:
Bigted

Bigted

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've had a definitive responce now from the caravan club as follows -

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email regarding the VW California Beach campervans and drawing our attention to the discussion on the forum.

As you have correctly pointed out this outfit is indeed a campervan, and as advised by my colleague below ‘as long as the clear intended design and purpose of the vehicle is to provide leisure accommodation use during the course of a recreational touring holiday’, then there should not be any issues with this outfit being accepted on our sites.

Our guidelines around acceptable outfits were relaxed a couple of years ago, so please accept our apologies to anyone who has recently experienced issues gaining entry to site. We are aware of the incident mentioned on the forum, and have passed on your email to our Sites Operations team who will speak to the relevant wardens on site.

Once again, thanks for your email.

Kind regards

Nicola Alsbury
Membership Services- Administration Co-ordinator
THE CARAVAN CLUB

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I've had a definitive responce now from the caravan club as follows -

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email regarding the VW California Beach campervans and drawing our attention to the discussion on the forum.

As you have correctly pointed out this outfit is indeed a campervan, and as advised by my colleague below ‘as long as the clear intended design and purpose of the vehicle is to provide leisure accommodation use during the course of a recreational touring holiday’, then there should not be any issues with this outfit being accepted on our sites.

Our guidelines around acceptable outfits were relaxed a couple of years ago, so please accept our apologies to anyone who has recently experienced issues gaining entry to site. We are aware of the incident mentioned on the forum, and have passed on your email to our Sites Operations team who will speak to the relevant wardens on site.

Once again, thanks for your email.

Kind regards

Nicola Alsbury
Membership Services- Administration Co-ordinator
THE CARAVAN CLUB
I think it would be a good idea if the Forum Admin could make a copy of the email a " sticky " in the Beach Section under a suitable heading.

cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The camping car shown above seems to be a little over engineered to me.

On one of the sites we stayed at in Italy, the camping car "pitched" next to us was just that. A car with 2 people who slept in the rear seats with all 4 doors slightly ajar, for ventilation no doubt.

They spent 80% of their time rummaging around in their boot for various items, and 100% monopolised the 2 shared site fridges during their stay.

Impressive :(.