Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommended Leveling Blocks & Traction Mats for GC?

EuropeanVanderlust

EuropeanVanderlust

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Maybe a newbie question, but do I need to look for any specific leveling blocks or traction/recovery mats for the GC?

I see lots of posts on both in the other forums on what brands people like...but didn't know if I should consider anything with the larger GC.

Coming back from 4 weeks on the road we realize we need both, so wanted to check before we buy.

Thanks!

Hi - I have a similar van (Knaus version). After two weeks in France I found the Fiamma levelling up blocks I used with the Cali way too shallow for the 600XL and am currently mulling over the bigger Milenco ones.

I did price up hydraulic levelling but at £7.5k for the full E&P system, I decided blocks were still more cost effective! ;)

we use the Thule levelling blocks and have not had any issues. We’ve had a pair of Milenco traction tracks for a few years over a few Motorhomes etc. And never had to use them.

we use the Thule levelling blocks and have not had any issues. We’ve had a pair of Milenco traction tracks for a few years over a few Motorhomes etc. And never had to use them.
Unfortunately Day 2 of our 4 week trip we needed the traction tracks....thankfully we were staying at a campsite and the owner and about 10 campers helped get our GC unstuck. One of the fellow campers had traction/recovery mats which were put to use. I am secretly hoping we will buy them and never have to use them!

Unfortunately Day 2 of our 4 week trip we needed the traction tracks....thankfully we were staying at a campsite and the owner and about 10 campers helped get our GC unstuck. One of the fellow campers had traction/recovery mats which were put to use. I am secretly hoping we will buy them and never have to use them!
Sorry to hear your experience! The Milenco ones we have take up no storage room as they are thin, so handy to have onboard.

Hi - I have a similar van (Knaus version). After two weeks in France I found the Fiamma levelling up blocks I used with the Cali way too shallow for the 600XL and am currently mulling over the bigger Milenco ones.

I did price up hydraulic levelling but at £7.5k for the full E&P system, I decided blocks were still more cost effective! ;)
We had full E&P levellers and full VB Air Suspension on our previous A Class Motorhome, brilliant kit, but one of the airbags exploded, thankfully close to home, so limped back……£1400 to have replaced as the VB kit was quite unique for the chassis!

Back