Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reasonably priced 2015 DSG Beach

What's going on with the wheel arches? Could just be the light but it looks as if it has the protector kit added, but not really thick enough to be that. Film?

We phoned up to be told the price is actually £33,500, price on autotrader is without VAT, no idea why???
Went for a look, it looks well looked after but basic spec. Has plastic wheel arch covers - well spotted 2into1! Not too sure about them myself, you could see the sealant holding them on in places so makes you wonder what’s underneath as small patch of rust on tailgate also.....

I liked it, but not 100% sure at 33k. At 27k, would have been a bargain! Few more to see before I decide.

Bit of a scam since there is no mention of VAT although it does state that the £99 fee is plus VAT!!

We phoned up to be told the price is actually £33,500, price on autotrader is without VAT, no idea why???
Went for a look, it looks well looked after but basic spec. Has plastic wheel arch covers - well spotted 2into1! Not too sure about them myself, you could see the sealant holding them on in places so makes you wonder what’s underneath as small patch of rust on tailgate also.....

I liked it, but not 100% sure at 33k. At 27k, would have been a bargain! Few more to see before I decide.
Good summary. Those wheel arch protectors are very suspect. I’d cross it off the list now we know it’s not a steal. Worrying about those would spoil the experience for me. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Just tell them your max price and leave it with them.

It is end of month, so they need a sale.

These large car supermarket places need to turn around stock very quickly.

What is the value with WeBuyAnyCar? They will be looking to achieve 20% profit, so cut the profit down to 10% and use this number as your price.

I did this with my Cali last year, and got my price. I offered to up it £500 for the deal that day. I walked away, and went for a drink and sandwich, and they rang back.

Use the plastic wheel guards as the bargaining chip. And if you really do not like them, then get them removed within the deal, along with any paint chips etc. They'll be using their own paint repair people all the time, so minimal cost to the dealer.

Be firm with them....you might get lucky.

Well, I ended up buying a red 2016 beach....... perhaps not quite so well cherished but newer and I think the more sensible choice.
Excited and a bit terrified after spending so much cash!

I would be very surprised if 20% VAT is payable on a second hand Beach.
VAT is normally only passed on in full if the previous owner was VAT registered AND had been able to claim the VAT back (something that is hard unless the use is exclusively for business).

Back