Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear boot blind

Spud

Spud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Our blind has come out of the tracks, we've managed to pop it back in but now it won't stay down. Presume it has to be relocated onto wire in track but not sure how, any advice please?
Cheers
Spud:(

Hi, unless your van is different to mine, my rear blind only stays up when you pull it up and attach the handle to the hook at the top of the rear window. So it won't stay up unless you attach it.......?

Suppose he is talking about the side window on the booth....?

Had a similar problem to yours and my blind wouldn't stay down after much fiddling I had it replaced by VW under warranty.
The second blind was too hard to pull up and seemed to keep getting stuck constantly. The nice VW engineer said he would replace it and all he did was put some machine oil on the wires! Needless to say the blind wouldn't stay down again, so back it went for another replacement! No problems reported since, although the kitchen side blind does have a small gap on one side which is no huge problem but just annoying.
Hope yours is an easier fix...

Sorry yes it's the side blind in boot. Looks like we will have to take it back to VW then

Just thought I'd let you know, we managed to fix it quite easily after we took everything out the boot! Just a clip that fits into the horizontal long bar

Back