Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattling Interior Table

E

Everreadyeddie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Our Cali Ocean has a rattling noise coming from what appears to be the table attached to the sink unit. The van is only two years old. Has anyone else experienced this noise when travelling on uneven roads and have they managed to cure it?

My T5 also has the same, took ages wo work out where the rattle was coming from, but for now I just stuff a window demisting pad / sponge between the kitchen cupboard and the table which seems to do the trick most of the time.

My T5 also has the same, took ages wo work out where the rattle was coming from, but for now I just stuff a window demisting pad / sponge between the kitchen cupboard and the table which seems to do the trick most of the time.
Thank you, that is the stage I have reached. Very frustrating.

Thank you, that is the stage I have reached. Very frustrating.
Make sure you push the bottom of the table towards the kitchen unit as you slide the table into its stowage position.
Either you are not engaging the bottom catch or it is broken.

Last two posts spot on. If you lie down head to the kitchen and watch (perhaps with a torch) you will see what they mean. It is a slight difference in position as you slide in that makes all the difference - unless your catch is broken.

I’ve found that the table needs to be very slightly away from the unit when you slide it home. That way the little peg will go into the hole ok rather than sitting lateral to it and rattling.

Can confirm that this bugged me for ages until I figured out (as per Welshgas above)
that you really need to apply a bit of pressure (towards the sink direction) as you slide the table home. If you do this and it's still rattling then something isn't right - it should be silent.

I had this problem with my previous Cali due to the attaching bolts coming loose; they eventually fell out. Ended up with a new table under warranty and it was fine from then onwards.

I have the same problem with the shelf at the back. When it is not under load it makes noise. I put an elastic band on it to put tension on it.2024-03-15_13-56-32.jpg

Best thing we have found for rattles in the van.......we went round all the van when we got it( the previous owner had done same) ......furniture floor pads designed to go on bottom of chairs or table legs.
They are self adhesive and you can get a pack of 100 of different sizes from B and M for £4.
Makes a real difference.

Same here, we keep a couple of sparkling wine corks and slip one between the cupboard and the inside of the table and downwards until there’s tension (one to use, one that has just disappeared because I opened the table and forgot it was there, again)

I put an elastic rubber around the standing pole, somehow this does the tric to for me, dont know why anymore, but it helps

Our Cali Ocean has a rattling noise coming from what appears to be the table attached to the sink unit. The van is only two years old. Has anyone else experienced this noise when travelling on uneven roads and have they managed to cure it?
Have you sorted it?
Which method worked for you?

Last two posts spot on. If you lie down head to the kitchen and watch (perhaps with a torch) you will see what they mean. It is a slight difference in position as you slide in that makes all the difference - unless your catch is broken.
Ah! I see now. Always wondered why it worked sometimes and not others! That explains why the hinge pin is that funny shape as well. Only taken me 6.5 years to work that out! Thanks @Viktorgeorge and @WelshGas

Back