Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem with pop up roof

Nick S

Nick S

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
anyone experienced this problem:

We are on a 6 week trip through France in our new T6 Ocean and for some strange reason, at random intervals, our pop up roof suddenly decides to jump into action for about 5 seconds and lower itself by a few centimetres. Not good in the middle of the night. Not sure if we have a setting wrong or there is a fault. The thing is the ignition key is not in and the default setting to raise or lower the roof requires the key in and ignition engaged. All very odd.

This happened to us the second time we used the Cali when we had been stationary with the roof up for several days. It's gives us such a fright during the night !!!!!
Then remembered reading the above thread & went back to sleep.

Thanks HC just read the thread. clearly we are not alone and it is quite normal when van has been stationary for a few days. Good tip regarding turning the ignition on and off before retiring as in the middle of the night a re-calibration is not very welcome.

anyone experienced this problem:

We are on a 6 week trip through France in our new T6 Ocean and for some strange reason, at random intervals, our pop up roof suddenly decides to jump into action for about 5 seconds and lower itself by a few centimetres. Not good in the middle of the night. Not sure if we have a setting wrong or there is a fault. The thing is the ignition key is not in and the default setting to raise or lower the roof requires the key in and ignition engaged. All very odd.
I think the same thing happened to us last week. Second night at 3.30am, a loud mechanical noise which jumped me out of a deep sleep. Spent the rest of the night lay there wondering what catastrophe had occurred.
Checked the van all over in the morning and found nothing out of place - it all makes sense now - thanks for the post.

Always seems to happen at 3.30pm.

Oh yeah.
I can still recall the palpitations when our son was up there and it happened.
Now, where's that herbal tea...