Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Premium Bluetooth phone failure

I am delighted with my Cali purchased new in September. Been living in it since then but heading home now.
A few weeks ago my roof began to descend in middle of night. Took van to dealer in bury st Edmunds. Thought it was fixed. That night in cold spell heater would not work. Great RAC guy got that working by removing and refit control panel. At same time my hands free no longer worked. I can receive calls but while I can hear caller they can't hear me. I can use voice control which was fine pre roof repair.
Had van in garage in Eastbourne for half a day. They couldn't find what was wrong. Tried 4 mechanics phones not one worked so it is van. My roof still descends each night which is a real pain and main reason I'm going home so I can leave it with vw.
Does anyone have any ideas re roof or phone problem.

If you can hear others on phone but they can't hear you it must be something to do with the microphone. Either mic, it's wiring or BT unit it'self.
But as it is still under warranty I would not fiddle but take it to van centre & let them do it.

If roof lowers completely over time it sounds like a one way valve is failing, if there is one. Maybe built in to the pump.
But again let van centre sort it.

I've never heard our roof adjust itself until last week. It had been up for about 8 days and you could see that the bellows had lost a little bit of tension over time. The pump operated at about 2am - I thought we were being attacked by aliens or something...

Update: I've only just noticed that I seem to have responded above to totally the wrong post. Happy Friday everyone :p

If it is a fault with the microphone then the Diagnostic computer will almost certainly report it so I'm surprised the dealers haven't traced it yet.

How does the roof come down? One side or both? How much does the roof come down by and by how much?

You can always bring it into us to get sorted out.

cheers

Thanks for replies van has been in dealer for last two days re roof and phone issue. Roof not fixed yet they want it back in to swop struts round from left to right see if that changes anything. The drop is about 20 cm in 2 hrs.
Re phone issue, it seems when van was last in for repair the microphone was plugged into the socket for courtesy lights in visor, and vice versa, this burnt out the mic for phone. Sadly today the kind folk in vw Inverness replaced the mic before realising the socket issue and burnt out the only mic they had so new one on order. All warranty work, so that's fine , it will all be sorted one day soon.
:thanks

Back