Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop-up roof Problem

T

Torblå

Hi
Unable to open my popup roof. Could it bee a fuse problem, and if so, where is the fuse lokated??

Hi there if it is the fuse it will be a 30 amp fuse under the passenger seat :thumb
Good luck with sorting your problem :thumb

Hi again.
Unable to find any fusesunder the passenger seat.
Found two fuseboxlocations, one i senter panel under the cupholder and one i engineroom.
Does not inikate roof in either of those two.
Could it be anyhvere else??

I am guessing that you have a left hand drive California the fuse box, and if so it is under the drivers seat.

es, I have a lefthand drive car, with one of the batteries under the driver seat. Do I have to remove the battery or can I lokate the fuse(s) without? :?:

Best way to get to the fuses is to turn the drivers chair to face the rear then slide it forward and the fuse box is then accessible.

Hi
Found the fusebox under the driving seat, but they all look ok.
But it is hard to find witch one going where, is there a map or a list telling me where.

But if the problem is something else, do you have any idea?

The layout of fuses varies greatly between the years of manufacture of the California. I believe that the fuses are 30 amp so that should narrow it down a little. It could also be a problem with the centre control panel above the windscreen or less possibly the hydraulics.

Hi Torbia,
The roof control box over the windscreen can fail. It has a round knob to turn and press and these seem to be the main problem. The knob should rotate to show on the little screen what you are trying to action. In my case the knob could not be depressed and therefore the roof was stuck (up in my case). This may be where your problem is.

David

Hi
Thanks for your help, but the turnknob the panel is working ok. The inication on the screen is following the moveent on the knob, but nothing happens when pushing the button.
There is however no sound connected to this peration and the hydr. motor is not running.
I receive an alarm saying roof open with the roof visualy closed.
Strange.

When you press the button does it actually depress or does it feel dead?

If dead then that could be your problem

These cost £600 to replace in the UK, hopefully you are under warranty?

We were stuck with the roof open and so could call Volkswagen Assist. Very good, got it fixed in 2 days all under warranty. Much quicker than a local VW dealer I spoke to who was talking of a week (not SMG!).

If the button is broken you can just replace this part. There is someone on Ebay at the moment offering the service for less than £100.

Ok, thanks.
I check that, but here in Norway, rep. a car is another balgame.

Hi again
I checed the other functions of the tturnknob and they all( exept the roof function) works ok.
So it must be further down the line.

We had the same issue (warning showing roof open when it was closed and the roof not opening) on our pre-facelift 2009 cali. The problem was also accompanied by a ticking noise from the area of the hydraulic motor. As a temporary fix we found removing then putting back the 30amp fuse cleared the fault for a while. However as the problem returned intermittently the local van centre looked at the problem and they replaced the control panel (even though it seemed to be working in all other respects), and that cured the issue.

Hi again
We solved he problem by disconnecting the plug from the overheadpanel,
Whennreconnecting, it seems that we got a reset function that restarted everything.
Works good now.
Thanks to all of yoo
u :D

Back