Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poltergeist?

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well OK, maybe not that extreme, but my roof hatch keeps sliding open as I drive. Probably to around 3-4 inches. Really annoying as road noise increases!

Any ideas?

Thanks Garry

Did you try a search ? Lots been sayed about this in various other threads . It's a common problem and each has theire own solution.
IMG_1326.PNG

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Quite normal...

Some people push cards into the edge to wedge it closed more firmly, or replace the friction runners, Velcro I've heard also. For us, my wife enjoys pushing it back every now and then...

No
It's a poltergeist. ;)

Seriously though, I think there can be a knack to it securing properly.
I have had mine come open but it's normally OK.

I have found it very worthwhile to make sure the bellows are fairly neat and tidy (hence compact) before sliding the hatch forward and making sure that there is momentum in the sliding over the last few inches.
When ever I manage this it doesn't come open.

What they all said above! :D

As a matter of interest, has anyone ever accidentally pulled the slider right out? It’s a right faff getting it back in, especially when late at night and you’ve had a few lemonades! :confused:

What they all said above! :D

As a matter of interest, has anyone ever accidentally pulled the slider right out? It’s a right faff getting it back in, especially when late at night and you’ve had a few lemonades! :confused:
We did that in the showroom van when we were first looking ! A wee bit embarrassing :D

Back