Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plug Socket

RodCouncil

A Brit in Sweden
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
So I'm hiring a Cali again tomo for the weekend and remember from my last hire that the standard plug socket behind the passenger seat didn't seem to work when the van was running, is that correct? just wondering about charging phone and laptop etc when on the move?

3 days in Wales with my MTB, can't wait, little test for me to see if i can get along with one on my own for when the missus is away in the Sweden like this weekend.

the socket if you mean the standard plug on the side of the sink only works on hook up

Yep the 240v socket only works when you're on hookup.
You can charge phones from any of the 12v sockets and your laptop from the invertor socket with the correct adapter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The one in the unit (euro 2-pin) only works off hook-up.

The socket lower down in the 'B' pillar is a 240v, 150w inverter that works off the leisure batteries.

we charge laptop and phone from the inverter plug on the column behind the passanger seat have an adaptor that plugs into it with a stadard socket on other end works of leasure batteries

got mine off of ebay but sure someone from forum was selling them made up

The help from people on this forum is 2nd to none, coming from a performance car forum it's quite refreshing.

I really can't wait to buy our van in spring, but with a house move in Nov, the xmas we are going to put the purchase off until then.