Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

plucking up courage to pop the top!

We're new Beach owners, so manual not electric poptop so not sure if this will be of the same benefit, but hubby watched Youtube videos that recommended the Bellows Bungee (sold on here) to keep everything in place when you lower the top back on & he reckons it's brilliant! Enjoy!

We're new Beach owners, so manual not electric poptop so not sure if this will be of the same benefit, but hubby watched Youtube videos that recommended the Bellows Bungee (sold on here) to keep everything in place when you lower the top back on & he reckons it's brilliant! Enjoy!
Unnecessary. There are tensioning straps built in to the fabric to pull it in when closing. It's just empt to open a door or a couple of windows before closing. Especially critical from the manual roof as it closes a lot quicker than the electric one.

Hi All,
three week owner of a 2022 Cali Ocean - and first time owner (gulp)!
Still haven't popped the top yet, (only days out so far!)
Started on the owners manual last night....... wow! Talk about War and Peace!
So excited and desperate to be out and about in Daisy (the day van!) as she is known, but, you know, work gets in the way!
My list of things to sort out:
1. Gas
2. Kettle
3. Change the barrels in the bike lock ( the dealership lost the original keys and have supplied new keys and barrels for me to fit - with no instructions, and their technician couldn't help - 'never done it') If it is not obvious, will be a job for them when I next go over that way!
4. Locate the 'sender' for the aftermarket immobiliser fitted by the tracker technician when the tracker was fitted.
The immobiliser fob on the keys has to be within 5m of the Cali or it won't start, which is fine, except the fob has a battery in it and flashes live every five seconds - if that fails there is an override code to put into the sender unit - spoke to the fitter who has no recollection of where he fitted it!!! I guess the battery in the fob will last for years, but I want to find it, and have a spare battery just in case! I never asked for an immobiliser - just the insurance required tracker!

It's all good fun!

View attachment 112658
Done it!

1st time pop top!.jpg

Most important as said above and highlighting again:

When closing, open at least a window (personally I open the sliding door)

But yes go for it and enjoy it! Also I totally understand taking it step by step :thumb
@RodgerPrice123
And most important when it is windy is to make sure it is a downwind door that you open.
If you open an upwind door then it efficiently blows out the roof bellows as you are trying to shut it.

@RodgerPrice123
And most important when it is windy is to make sure it is a downwind door that you open.
If you open an upwind door then it efficiently blows out the roof bellows as you are trying to shut it.
Never thought about that, very good point !

My tip is: when closing the roof, pause about halfway down and check all the battens are doing their job folding the canvas inwards so that none of the fabric gets caught and cut in the support hinges and also the roof doesn't get bent either.

Alan