Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plastic container for between front seats T6

Jim O'Donovan

Jim O'Donovan

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi all.
I have just received my T6 a month ago and am starting to get into gear! Got the seat covers and the long hookup cable.
I have seen posts about buying a plastic container to place between the front seats both for storage and also as a demarcation to stop bold dogs crossing the line. I have searched this Forum for that info but have given up. So, can anyone advise in the best solution for between the seats?
Or any other tips on how to make my new shiney T6 the best dog kennel?
Cheers
Jim and Stella (and Bailey & Alice - Woof)

Hi all.
I have just received my T6 a month ago and am starting to get into gear! Got the seat covers and the long hookup cable.
I have seen posts about buying a plastic container to place between the front seats both for storage and also as a demarcation to stop bold dogs crossing the line. I have searched this Forum for that info but have given up. So, can anyone advise in the best solution for between the seats?
Cheers
a 9L really useful box fits but we made a foam holder for an Ikea bin and travel mugs for ours;
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/so-the-journey-begins.13702/page-7#post-192015

Last edited:
We have a 9L RUB. Seats rotate over it and you can use the lid as a tray, in the Cali with its own "parking place" and outside for the occasional drink when the weathers fine! ;)

Edit: 9L not 5L as previous.

Last edited:
Hi all.
Cheers

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/finally-our-very-own-room-with-view.14526/
In the above thread I took some photos of our set up. See photo of 9 litre plastic box between seats as first suggested by Hotel California

Yup , the 9 liter really usefull box is a perfect fit and the seats still can be turned with the box in place.

Hi all.
Cheers
Hi Jim,
We travel with 6 dogs and we have a Lintran dog cage that sits on the shelf in the back. Three dogs travel in that, the others travel in Solvit dog baskets that hang from the head rests and driver's seat in our Cali. This recent trip we also brought along an 8-sided dog fence. They stay inside this fence when camped up - brilliant. We stayed in Fortuna, Spain in the spa campsite and during our thermal swims, they stayed inside their fence with small umbrellas for shade.

9L RUB just bought and my Halfords foldable organiser sits on top nicely. The organiser lifts off easily when you want access but keeps everything at hand for when driving.

Great ideas.

@Jim O'Donovan , did you look in the "dog section" of the forum ?
Lots of tips and tricks on how to travel with dogs in the Cali;)
Many thanks all. I didn't realise there was a dog section so that's my Wednesday reading sorted.
On an aside, I was parked at B&Q in Eastbourne today. I guy approached me to ask about the Cali as he had been researching them. I was delighted to give him a full tour and actually discovered things I didn't see before. After about 10 minutes, another guy approached with the same request. It ended up like "Last of the Summer Wine" with us fussing over every minor detail. Great fun and perhaps a bit sad!

Can you tell more about this? Where did you get the foam? Looks like interior for a toolbag or something.
It was the foam for a camera case, I found an ebay seller selling the blocks of dense foam at various sizes.

Back