Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

People still amaze me !

Kevthegas

Kevthegas

2018 204ps NOW SOLD
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So Sitting in the small bar last night in Camping Bel in La Tranche Sur Mer ( South Vendee)

We were having a great discussion with a few couples and saying what a great site it is, we have come here for 15 years plus
normally 2 times a year.

The site is within 5 minutes of the beach/ Super U and about an 8 minute walk from the town.

The site is spotless and the cleaners go around the shower blocks constantly, strict policy on loud music after 10.30 ect.

A rather obnoxious lady who had not spoken before chirped up and said she would never come back as the wifi was slow !!

She was convinced the site was poor because of this, really had to bite my tongue some people ??????

Sorry for the rant !

So Sitting in the small bar last night in Camping Bel in La Tranche Sur Mer ( South Vendee)

We were having a great discussion with a few couples and saying what a great site it is, we have come here for 15 years plus
normally 2 times a year.

The site is within 5 minutes of the beach/ Super U and about an 8 minute walk from the town.

The site is spotless and the cleaners go around the shower blocks constantly, strict policy on loud music after 10.30 ect.

A rather obnoxious lady who had not spoken before chirped up and said she would never come back as the wifi was slow !!

She was convinced the site was poor because of this, really had to bite my tongue some people ??????

Sorry for the rant !

I heard the same lat week. On our 600 mile trans-england cycle tour, we stopped off at a lovely farm campsite. Beautifully located yet just 4 miles from a major town (Stafford), beautifully laid out with lots of rescue animals - A shire horse, an old donkey, lovely pygmy goats, owl sanctuary etc. Brilliant on-site farm shop. Electric and water bollard at every pitch almost, level and green, good shower and toilet facilities all for £21 per night and in the onsite cafe two people ranting on about how hard it was to get a good TV signal.

Naturally, being shy and retiring I didn't poke my nose in ...:shocked

We’re all different.
The other day someone complained the inverter fried their laptop. My first reaction was ‘why are you taking your laptop on holiday!?’
I’m sure for some it’s essential.
My wife doesn’t allow iPads on holiday at all.

We’re all different.
The other day someone complained the inverter fried their laptop. My first reaction was ‘why are you taking your laptop on holiday!?’
It might be for work

I heard the same lat week. On our 600 mile trans-england cycle tour, we stopped off at a lovely farm campsite. Beautifully located yet just 4 miles from a major town (Stafford), beautifully laid out with lots of rescue animals - A shire horse, an old donkey, lovely pygmy goats, owl sanctuary etc. Brilliant on-site farm shop. Electric and water bollard at every pitch almost, level and green, good shower and toilet facilities all for £21 per night and in the onsite cafe two people ranting on about how hard it was to get a good TV signal.

Naturally, being shy and retiring I didn't poke my nose in ...:shocked
Sounds great - can you share the name of the site please?

Sounds great - can you share the name of the site please?

Red lion farm, Haughton, near Stafford.. If you have children then they would love it. Ducks, chickens and guinea fowl roam quite freely. The pygmy goats will come and "talk" to you, Jack, the rescue shire horse will come and join you for a chat, Madge, the rescue Donkey, pokes her head through the window of the ice cream parlour. The attached but independent owl sanctuary heals a range of raptors and charges a pound for entrance.

Unisex toilet and shower block perhaps past it's best but useable.

Red lion farm, Haughton, near Stafford.. If you have children then they would love it. Ducks, chickens and guinea fowl roam quite freely. The pygmy goats will come and "talk" to you, Jack, the rescue shire horse will come and join you for a chat, Madge, the rescue Donkey, pokes her head through the window of the ice cream parlour. The attached but independent owl sanctuary heals a range of raptors and charges a pound for entrance.

Unisex toilet and shower block perhaps past it's best but useable.

Perfect thank you. Yes a 3 and a 7 year old and they will love this :)

normally 2 times a year.

Sorry for the rant !
Not sure about the rant, but great to hear the site is still good! Love this place :)

I see the same many times in park4night app : low rating because no satellite tv signal that reads for me as less likely to meet big white whales there..
For us, too, that is a plus for such a site! No satellite, no wifi, no swimming pool, no café, no animation, difficult access: no big whites!

We’re all different.

Not everyone only uses the van for holidays. I'm quite often parked up somewhere working in the van between client meetings- favourite spot is currently Regents Park Outer Circle, no congestion charge & reasonable parking costs & compares favourably with hopping between coffee shops.
If you run your own company, chances are having a holiday just means you are working from somewhere different.

In my experience any wifi offered by the site is either very poor or has to be paid for so I rarely used it. I do miss decent cell coverage though because we rely on it to plan our days - weather forecasts; tide times; researching walking routes etc.

Never been on a site with good Wifi
TBF signal makes Mrs Willwander very grumpy

normally 2 times a year.

Sorry for the rant !
I've made a note of that site. Sounds like we need to go there.

Atlatic Ocean, though, the sea a bit chilly I guess.

It might be for work
Downloading a saving videos, photos etc.

We used to take a tv and all the paraphernalia of a dodgy arial (ala Tony Hancock). Now we take a tablet and hot spot it from our phone. Just returned from 3+ weeks in Sicily, Italy, Switzerland, France but only used it a few times. Too tired from driving, walking, eating etc. It nice to have when it gets dark.

I've made a note of that site. Sounds like we need to go there.

Atlatic Ocean, though, the sea a bit chilly I guess.
To be honest it is not too bad.
A few years back I nearly drowned out on my paddle board, 1st week of June and had the strap around my ankle ( big mistake !!)
In July/August probably more fun than the South of France beaches which can be so flat.

Kev