Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking in Brussels

LindaF

LindaF

Loving our Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
:help I wonder if anyone can help. We are off to Brussels in a few days time to meet up with a group of people. We are staying in a hotel for the first few nights and need to park the Cali on the street - would people recommend this and is there any advice on where to park? We will be staying in the Tour & Taxis area near the Gard du Nord - is this area safe?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Linda

:thanks

near the Gard du Nord - is this area safe?

No!

It's quite a few years since I lived in Brussels, but then, it was certainly not the type of area I'd want to leave a Cali.

The city centre dwelling Belgians (even in the wealthier areas) have a very relaxed attitude to parking knocks / scrapes / double / triple parking ete, and this area wasn't one of the wealthier places. I fear the Cali may stick out rather.

Hopefully you'll get some suggestions as where to park - All I can think of at the moment is at the airport (or similar) and use the train in. Or perhaps one of the sleepier suburbs.

As a Belgian i would not leave my cali there or take a walk after dark!Better to look for a hotel with parking space! It's not that Brussel is such a bad city but that area is not the best.

Don' t know if there are nice parking places around the tour&taxi site but i think there must be!
If you look around the niegbourhood , there are probaly other "expencife" cars parked for overnight .
Otherwise search for a guarded pay-car park that has a 2 m height entry
Parking at stations or airports are in my opinion as much risk as parking in center of the city!