Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parcel shelf

L

Lindsay Barker

Hi,

I'm looking at the California Beach and I'll regularly need to carry equipment in the back that needs to be covered by preferably a retractable parcel shelf. This doesn't seem to be offered on the build spec and it's a bit of a make or break item for the purchase. I don't really want to have to faff around with a heavy shelf we could make and take in/out etc. Does anyone know of anything I could buy (or someone whom could retrofit something) that attaches to the rear seat and then suitable clips tailgate end to secure it in place when pulled out? Thanks in advance.

Lindsay

Hi,

I'm looking at the California Beach and I'll regularly need to carry equipment in the back that needs to be covered by preferably a retractable parcel shelf. This doesn't seem to be offered on the build spec and it's a bit of a make or break item for the purchase. I don't really want to have to faff around with a heavy shelf we could make and take in/out etc. Does anyone know of anything I could buy (or someone whom could retrofit something) that attaches to the rear seat and then suitable clips tailgate end to secure it in place when pulled out? Thanks in advance.

Lindsay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...el-Shelf-Boot-Cover-Trunk-Cover-/290657709569

Or check out the VW Caravelle .

Hi,

Lindsay
In my estate car I use a dark blanket to cover my camera equipment, quick and cheap.

Hi,

Lindsay
Just thought, you do have blinds on the tailgate window and the 2 rear side windows already.
Extra privacy glass in the rear and as has been mentioned a black blanket would work perfectly.

The beach because the seats turn into a bed has a very strong rear shelf. The 2 seat board is fixed and can't the hinged without modification. The 3 seat Beach multiflex has a hinge for half of it and can be lifted to access the boot area.

The blinds can indeed be used to stop people seeing in but the beach board is heavy and sturdy intentionally meaning that for a retractable shelf to be installed and the multiflex board would have to be taken out whilst in use.

Back