Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parcel Shelf Corrosion

Ewenken

Ewenken

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,
Just been cleaning out the rear of my T6 Ocean and on removing the mattress I found paint flaking from the parcel shelf. Has anyone else had this issue? Appears to be some surface corrosion under where then paint was.

Its a late 2019 van. I have the first service coming up in October so plan to mention it to the dealer.

20210728_143146.jpg

Hi All,
Just been cleaning out the rear of my T6 Ocean and on removing the mattress I found paint flaking from the parcel shelf. Has anyone else had this issue? Appears to be some surface corrosion under where then paint was.

Its a late 2019 van. I have the first service coming up in October so plan to mention it to the dealer.

View attachment 82144
Hmm, that seems to be a new one. Sorry not heard that before. However, don't just mention it during service. Call them up now, send them pictures and ask to be replaced under warranty. They may just have a new one ready for you when you get your van in for service. :thumb

Hi All,

View attachment 82144
My guess is that the metal was not treated properly before spraying/powder coating. Warranty job.

Back