Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parcel shelf when comfort mattress removed

Spitfire

Spitfire

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have the comfort mattress and, when it is removed, the parcel shelf is an open mesh. I guess it is probably the same with the standard mattress. This arrangement is not ideal as anything under the shelf is visible. I wondered if anyone has found a hard shelf of some sort that can go on top of the metal mesh? I thought of the Comfortz one inch mattress but that doesn't seem to be available any more. Any suggestions would be welcome!

might be a silly question but why remove the mattress?

Just cut a piece of wood (ply, mdf, whatever!) to fit the shape. You could cover it with lining carpet if needed. Or cover with a travel blanket. Or sew an elasticated cover. Etc, etc... :)

I bought a thermal dog mat from Amazon which was close to the right size and works fine for me

keep an eye out on ebay - pre T5.1 cali had a solid MDF shelf rather than the metal grille. Or get the "standard" cali mattress which just covers the shelf.

we just cover with a blanket

Possibly just use car carpet. should be enough for 2 as comes in 2mtr width with 1mtr min length, other colours available. More expensive carpets also available.
Foam also available in various thicknesses plus adhesive. Stick carpet to each side of foam for a padded shelf cover?
http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1028-thin-ribbed-carpet-light-grey.aspx

Last edited:
We have the comfort mattress and, when it is removed, the parcel shelf is an open mesh. I guess it is probably the same with the standard mattress. This arrangement is not ideal as anything under the shelf is visible. I wondered if anyone has found a hard shelf of some sort that can go on top of the metal mesh? I thought of the Comfortz one inch mattress but that doesn't seem to be available any more. Any suggestions would be welcome!
Hi and good morning we also done away with the 3 section mattress .i bought a composite sheet of aluminium red on one side white on the other .i cut to shape and pope Riveted it to mesh panel .very factory look .sheet cost 38 Euro ..if you look up ultimate storage t6 you might see a picture of it .it is very strong .hope this helps

Back