Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

P2683 Code

Rex911

Rex911

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Gents, advice please on this one - search function not working? Check engine light on, VW assist attended, reset, however back on this morning.

Booked in first available slot - 4 weeks. Is this ok to drive?

Cheers

Kev

Gents, advice please on this one - search function not working? Check engine light on, VW assist attended, reset, however back on this morning.

Booked in first available slot - 4 weeks. Is this ok to drive?

Cheers

Kev
I am definitely no expert but whether it is safe to drive or not may depend on whether the light is red or orange. If red then I don't think it will be safe.
A quick google search finds another forum that says that code is to do with the engine coolant bypass valve control

Thanks, light is orange and another search turned up that this is a known fault with MY22 6.1 - Was wondering if our resident experts could add anything?
Ta

If it is the bypass valve my experience is that it is OK to drive.
We had the same fault when touring Scandinavia last year. The yellow engine warning light came on in Sweden, took the van to the VW dealer. They reset the warning light (said it only needed a sw update...) but it came on again 10 miles later. As the engine seemed to be all working OK made the decision to carry on with our return to UK. Once home our dealer diagnosed the bypass valve (they said it was a common issue) which was replaced under warranty. No issues since.

Thanks......much appreciated

Back