Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our's can't come soon enough!!

I ordered mine, Acapulco Blue, with the coloured insert hoping its not too OTT. Did it as a nod to earlier T's (air cooled). Here is a pic with Acapulco insert.
View attachment 17774
We've ordered the same! Dealer hadn't seen one in blue or even ordered one before ours. I think it'll look ace! Ours is on it's way to the UK so I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.

View attachment 17784

Like this. ???

Then you get a nice panel in green the rear bumper is unpainted and so is the sill Then you just have to half paint the front bumper.

Hi Days
the more consideration I give the pictures the more I'm moving back to all the lower half in the green. Whilst closer to the white bumpered T2's, having the bumpers white on the T6 looks "bitty" (messy?)
I already did some photoshops with below the lower swage in white and it looked too much like a green and white sandwich!
So I think the whole lower half in beautiful VW L380 Turquoise green...highly polished...with thin chrome strips running along the lower swage line and along the bottom of the rear door lip to give it a bit of a chrome "lift".
The awning cover is going to be in Candy white so that it "disappears"
Going to get the background of the rear door roundel painted green too, leaving the VW in chrome.

In my opinion the Cali looks sleeker and less deep in the side. Much more modern interpretation of a classic.

Those disc wheels would really finish her off. You should do it proper or alternatively get some polished spokey 20" rims and lower it. For a "cal" look.

I love the VW Disk (thats how they spell it) wheels from the Caravelle T6 Transporter and they would look great :agreed but I will have to wait a little and recover from the initial purchase(did you see the spec in my thread Sooooo excited in this forum...Mucho Dinero!) and paintwork costs and then get the wheels in phase two. i am going to have the 30mm lowering springs from the outset.
Appreciate you interest and ideas...nice to work towards something individual eh?

We've ordered the same! Dealer hadn't seen one in blue or even ordered one before ours. I think it'll look ace! Ours is on it's way to the UK so I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.
Excellent! Look forward to some pics.

With anything like this lots of ideas, images and mock ups really help.

As you can see in your photoshop it does look a little like a sandwich of white and green but at least it looks different from the two tone paint offering from VW that they do.

As you say it does look a bit "bitty" which is exactly what I said in my first post to you. But at least it's individual. This would have been the advantage of wrapping as you could add and change it over time.

Anyway I think you are safer doing the lower in green right to the bottom.

Try photoshopping the wheels on now. I have a feeling those disc wheels will look a bit too retro.

I would go with a more modern spokes wheel with polished spokes and rim. It would balance out the paint.

When I was choosing my rims I photoshopped a few different styles before deciding on the final one. It does help.

Anyway I think we are all looking forward to seeing the end result when it comes.

With anything like this lots of ideas, images and mock ups really help.

As you can see in your photoshop it does look a little like a sandwich of white and green but at least it looks different from the two tone paint offering from VW that they do.

As you say it does look a bit "bitty" which is exactly what I said in my first post to you. But at least it's individual. This would have been the advantage of wrapping as you could add and change it over time.

Anyway I think you are safer doing the lower in green right to the bottom.

Try photoshopping the wheels on now. I have a feeling those disc wheels will look a bit too retro.

I would go with a more modern spokes wheel with polished spokes and rim. It would balance out the paint.

When I was choosing my rims I photoshopped a few different styles before deciding on the final one. It does help.

Anyway I think we are all looking forward to seeing the end result when it comes.

D...
Thanks again for your thoughts and input.

I'm not really a fan of wrapping...maybe I'm just a Luddite

I have been able to negotiate the Cascavel alloys in silver and diamond turned spokes F.O.C. so am currently thinking of first seeing what they look like and then if I'd like to coordinate them a bit more considering getting the silver parts painted either in the green or perhaps better the white and keeping the diamond turned "spokes"
Difficult to photoshop those options though.
I think the chrome strip along the lower swage will break up the solid green sides and retro/bling it a little.
What are your thoughts on chrome/S.S door handles x3?
WN