Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order placed - new Beach arriving soon(ish)

ni31mo

ni31mo

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

Just joined up as this forum came up a lot whilst Googling for info! We've just ordered a new 7-seat Beach Edition and are waiting to hear how long the delivery is going to take... Hopefully it will be here before the summer holidays!

It will be used as a mixture of only car for the day-to-day (although we don't commute by car), plus transport to races for me and holidays with the two smaller members of the family.

Thanks!

Fantastic I look forward to hearing about your delivery day! I love my beach and would struggle to go back to a car now. :)

Fantastic choice. Congratulations.

A great choice. We tossed around between the Edition and the two tone Liberty for a long time before settling on the later, and I still have second thoughts. What sort of lead time did they estimate for you? We were told 33 weeks when we ordered at the beginning of October. Welcome :)

Having bought a new Beach demonstrator can I ask whats the difference between a Beach Liberty & a Beach Edition?

whats the difference between a Beach Liberty & a Beach Edition?

The edition comes a few pricey options onboard (LED lights comes to mind but there were a bunch) for a very good price. Also with what some, including myself, consider a nifty decal kit, a black roof, black B pillar...

edition.jpg

You can't get it in two tone and just a couple of wheel options are available.

Now that I look at that rendering again, my second thoughts about the two tone we ordered are creeping back in!

When we placed the order last week the dealer guestimated 4-5 months delivery time, but said they hoped to give us something more concrete during February... No news so far but fingers crossed it is here before the end of June!

We liked the look of the two tone as well, but the Edition looks pretty cool too and when we added all the options we wanted it made a decent amount of difference to go with the Edition. I wanted the red Edition but was over-ruled so we are also going for white ;-)

White is better for when you decide to wrap the bottom half Cherry Red lol :bananadance2

Well I just spoke to the dealer, who claimed that the homologation issues have now been resolved and he is expecting to be able to give me a delivery date at the beginning of March... We shall see!

Well I just spoke to the dealer, who claimed that the homologation issues have now been resolved and he is expecting to be able to give me a delivery date at the beginning of March... We shall see!

My dealer claimed to have no knowledge of any such issues, When I asked why his entire T6 display had gone, he simply responded that he sold them.. haha.. Which dealer are you using?

So we have a provisional delivery date in late June, which will be a bit tight for our planned summer holidays in Scandinavia. The dealer is trying to get us moved up the list a bit...

Went to pick it up last week, a little earlier than expected! Spent the weekend just working out what all the switches, buttons and levers do. Very easy to drive, and happy to find it does fit in the garage (after a bit of fiddling with the garage door...).

VW Beach Edition.jpg

That looks awesome, I'll be happy if mine arrived in the same timeframe as yours although it will put me towards the end of the year.

The black B Pillar looks good.

Wow that's really nice. Defo my 2nd choice to my scheme. :thumb:thumb:thumb
Thanks - your colour scheme was our first choice too, but looking at the price difference once we specced both with the options we wanted it was just too extra much to justify... Pretty happy with it anyway :)