Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

open roof alarm keeps sounding when driving

A

alison

VIP Member
Hi
The 'open roof' alarm keeps going off while I am driving my van. This only started yesterday while out for a drive. The alarm stops after a few seconds but starts up again after going round a corner or moving off at junctions. I have checked that the roof is closed properly and I do not know why this is happening. Has anyone else had a similar problem and know the cause?
Christmas greetings to everyone.
Alison

Have you left anything on the bed that may be stopping it from closing completely ??

Have you really held the closing button pushed in until the system stops by itself, and not released the button before? Only when you wait till the systems stops by itself are the closing pins pushed in position properly.

Hi
Many thanks for all of the replies and support.
The roof alarm has stopped going off now. As I mentioned it started while I was driving. I had gone over a pot hole a short while before though. The 'roof open' symbol appeared and alarm triggered for a few seconds each time I went round a corner or moved off from a junction. I stopped the vehicle and pressed close to ensure the roof was closed and checked the roof from outside. The roof symbol did a countdown to close (although it already was) but stayed in open position. The roof was last opened and closed in November.
After posting my query I went out in the vehicle again ( intending to try out the tips left for me). I started the engine, checked the roof symbol which showed 'roof closed' symbol with no alarm going off. I am not sure if the pot hole triggered the alarm and this has now sorted itself. Bit of a worry though for a non techie person like me. Does this mean there is something a bit loose in the wiring?
Haven't tried raising the roof to check all is working ok yet.
Best wishes for the New Year

We have recently experienced pretty much the same problem - I posted to this effect last week. Our roof alarm is showing roof open even though it isn't and we couldn't get the roof to raise. After many attempts to reset the alarm on the control panel, through the diagnostic routine, we managed to raise and lower the roof - but the alarm wont clear. The manual says the flashing alarm means there is some kind of over heating of the hydraulic pump!! Ours is now booked in to be looked at next week.

This is very odd as we now have the same problem!
None of the following has worked ; Reset the control panel, disconnected fuses, batteries, etc.
Error code on the control panel is 1000.
Clicking noise is irregular and I think its coming from the roof pump relay. ( location above passenger sun visor)
Personally I think its a loose connection or a faulty/failed relay.
Any schematics or ideas on how to access?