Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Issue and Servicing question

D

DebsWhite

VIP Member
Our roof is closed but the CCU keeps reporting the roof as being open and setting off the warning beeping when we drive. Original problem started whilst driving on the M6. The van lost power, RAC came to my rescue and diagnosed a problem with the EGR valve. He disconnected that so that I could drive the van home. However, the roof alarm started beeping immediately when driving the van home - seems a huge coincidence to me!

The EGR is now fixed and replaced, the roof is now the issue. It's closed, but the alarm is sounding saying that the roof is open. The roof will not move up or down at all. So far I have:
1. disconnected and reconnected the battery
2. checked the hidden menu for fault codes - 1000 is showing, but it appears to be impossible to clear the code.
3. Have checked the fuse for the roof and disconnected the fuse for the CCU to try to reset - exact same problem with the roof came back - nothing happens at all when you press the button to raise or lower the roof.

Any ideas as to anything else I can try next?

I've had issues with the roof before and ended up driving to the service garage in Poole to get it repaired by a garage that seemed to know what they were doing. I'm now based in Cumbria. Does anyone have any experience with VW garages up this way?? reluctant to pay over a £100 for them to simply look at it and say they don't know what they are doing - have had that in a VW garage near Cambridge in the past.

Any help gratefully received!

There was a recent thread with similar issues, i think
the fault was the sensor on the roof, i'll have a look
for the thread.
It seemed that a 15 quid sensor from BMW fixed it.

This might help.

There was a recent thread with similar issues, i think
the fault was the sensor on the roof, i'll have a look
for the thread.
It seemed that a 15 quid sensor from BMW fixed it.
thank you!