Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean - rear seat travel

G

Gordon Hutch

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

I just bought a T6 Ocean - lovely car.

We plan to add 5th seat for when using as family vehicle, and then 4 seater for camping.

With the 5th seat installed I wanted to move the bed as far back as possible to give leg space to teenagers. I noted that the bed travel stops, when there is still about 1 foot left on the rails to go further back. It feels like the bed come up against 'stops' about when the front of the bed is level with the rear of the side door.

Anyone know how to move the bed the last 1 ft backwards, so that it goes to the end of the rails - or is that not possible ?

Many thanks,

Gordon.

Hi all,

I just bought a T6 Ocean - lovely car.

We plan to add 5th seat for when using as family vehicle, and then 4 seater for camping.

With the 5th seat installed I wanted to move the bed as far back as possible to give leg space to teenagers. I noted that the bed travel stops, when there is still about 1 foot left on the rails to go further back. It feels like the bed come up against 'stops' about when the front of the bed is level with the rear of the side door.

Anyone know how to move the bed the last 1 ft backwards, so that it goes to the end of the rails - or is that not possible ?

Many thanks,

Gordon.
There are 2 stops in the floor rail. One behind and one in front.

Use a screwdriver to loosen securing bolt (through the rail).

You can then remove the stops if you wish or leave in place (loose).

The stops are there to allow you to easily position the rear rack/lower bed support.

The furthest you can move the seat back with the stops out is as far as the bench head rests being wedged under the ceiling mounted locker. Any further & you need to remove the bed frame mounting brackets as they are in the way of the bench.

The T6.1 manual shows a new, as yet unseen rear shelf with a drop down flap at the bench end which would let you move the bench back with the shelf still in place.

It may be worth pointing out that pushing the bench seat right back (stops removed) will make the headrests rub against the drop down cupboard, flipping down the headrests will allow it to be pushed back more however head room is reduced due to the cupboard although not a problem for little ones.

How do you remove the Rail Stops? I can't seem to find anything to unscrew?

How do you remove the Rail Stops? I can't seem to find anything to unscrew?
They are usually in the rail nearest the kitchen. They are buried under the rubber cover strip. Run a thin screwdriver along in the gap and you will bump into them. They have a screw head on top and just undo. The front stop is about in line with the centre of the 2 sliding cupboard doors. The rear one you will need to slide the bench forward and reach from in the boot. Its a bit behind the back of the fridge cupboard.
They are only positioning guides so can safely be removed or repositioned.

They are usually in the rail nearest the kitchen. They are buried under the rubber cover strip. Run a thin screwdriver along in the gap and you will bump into them. They have a screw head on top and just undo. The front stop is about in line with the centre of the 2 sliding cupboard doors. The rear one you will need to slide the bench forward and reach from in the boot. Its a bit behind the back of the fridge cupboard.
They are only positioning guides so can safely be removed or repositioned.
When you release the screw on each stop, make sure that you actually remove each stop from the channel, otherwise the loose stop is liable to jam the mechanism at the most inopportune moment. I learnt this on a cold and wet campsite in the dark, when trying to set up the lower bed.