Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OBD and California Specialties

H

hansendenmark

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi
Today I got a VCDS OBD as a birthday present.
I haven't tried it yet. My question is. VCDS has an extensive menu.
I can recognize a lot, it is common to all VAG cars, and maybe one day I will also be able to afford a Bentley.
But right now it's about my 2020 Ocean. Can you access and test the special California control units such as charging and battery management, oil heater, roof control etc?
Is there any documentation in the area. Or does anyone have experience that they would like to share

Should be fairly self explanatory. Home page/Select then pick your system etc.

Output Tests is probably what your after. This will simulate any function you need to test.

Alternatively, Measuring Blocks in each section will give you information. Trick is understanding what the three figure numbers actually mean.

Hi
Today I got a VCDS OBD as a birthday present.
I haven't tried it yet. My question is. VCDS has an extensive menu.
I can recognize a lot, it is common to all VAG cars, and maybe one day I will also be able to afford a Bentley.
But right now it's about my 2020 Ocean. Can you access and test the special California control units such as charging and battery management, oil heater, roof control etc?
Is there any documentation in the area. Or does anyone have experience that they would like to share
I don't believe you can except possibly in a very rudimentary fashion. VCDS is aimed more at the vehicle and functions controlled by the BCM. The habitation equipment is controlled by the Control Panel computer.
You'll get more information here

and there are VCDS experts on the Transporter on the T6 Forum here

Back