NOVEMBER T6 PRICE AND OPTIONS LIST

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
This shows some amendments and additions over the 10/9/15 issue.

Attachments

• California pricelist November 2015.pdf
    551 KB · Views: 404
Excellent. On the surface this looks much clearer. No doubt still a few questions but seems ok. LED headlights then and not the Bi-xenon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to this the colour palette has grown!
Solid. Bright Orange, Candy White, Cherry Red, Deep Ocean, Pure Grey.
And Ocean can opt for the grape yellow.
That can't be right.
If it is then the pure grey is a beauty.

Agreed. We had settled on the Indium Grey but might be now be the Pure Grey :)

I am a bit annoyed if this is true as I would have maybe gone for the pure grey. On the other hand I got my yellow for free and here it seems to cost extra!
I love the RAC bright orange but very surprised that VW will let it be on their Cali!

Thanks Susibus, this explains why the uprated alternator and battery options were not accepted by the factory. 180a alt is standard and uprated battery standard with dsg.

I was told the last change possible to make on an order was the colour however I also believe that once you are given a build date then no further changes are possible. It is worth double checking if one of the new colours appeals.

DIFF LOCK OPTION 1Y4
Looks like they have forgotten to add the diff lock option for the 4Motion which they promised to do when they are amended the options list.

Here is an email that I received from VW head office 29/10/15
The differential rear axle lock 1Y4 is available as an option in the Dealer Order Configurator, but as this was added later and so needs to be updated on the option list. The price for the rear diff lock is £470 basic ex VAT / £564 incl. VAT and it is only available on 4MOTION derivatives. With regards to functionality the rear differential lock when activated locks the differential on the two rear wheel, i.e. both wheels rotate at the same speed which makes movement slippery surface, e.g. on ice, off-road, still possible. So, for example when driving off-road one wheel has lost contact to the surface mechanical rear diff lock helps to improve manoeuvrability.

Thanks Susibus, this explains why the uprated alternator and battery options were not accepted by the factory. 180a alt is standard and uprated battery standard with dsg.

I was told the last change possible to make on an order was the colour however I also believe that once you are given a build date then no further changes are possible. It is worth double checking if one of the new colours appeals.
It depends if your build date is 'scheduled' or 'confirmed'. I am currently scheduled for week 5. I made some major changes a couple of weeks ago. It is still showing as scheduled for week 5. Dealer advised that it will go 'confirmed' 6 to 4 weeks before the scheduled dates. You can pretty much make any changes up till then but major changes (e.g. engine / gearbox) may affect the date.

Pretty audacious to introduce new colours so early in the product cycle when lots of people will have placed orders already - you might expect it a couple of years down the line but not in the first few months - can entirely understand how people will be frustrated.

That being said its good to see the solid palette expanding, hopefully saving more people £600! Quite taken with the bright orange, it harks back to the T2 and original Beetle days - would like to be brave enough to order it but slightly flies in the face of keeping such an expensive vehicle as inconspicuous as possible!

Pretty audacious to introduce new colours so early in the product cycle when lots of people will have placed orders already - you might expect it a couple of years down the line but not in the first few months - can entirely understand how people will be frustrated.

That being said its good to see the solid palette expanding, hopefully saving more people £600! Quite taken with the bright orange, it harks back to the T2 and original Beetle days - would like to be brave enough to order it but slightly flies in the face of keeping such an expensive vehicle as inconspicuous as possible!
I agree...looks great on aT2... But metallics weren't available then. I'm going to stick with my Acapulco Blue. The van has evolved. Or may be I'm just older?!

I did have a t5 bright orange ex-RAC van. The colour was brilliant. Loved it. Can't quite picture a T6 Cali in it yet.

Decorative trim upper and lower body colour, is this like on the special editions where the inserts match the body colour ?

Trim
SMG Tonbridge say these are bits of trim on the dashboard and are only in the available with certain colour inserts, which would indicate that they are possibly matching the special two-tone editions.

TRACKER - NO COST OPTION!

Bright Orange paint option. Free tracking by California forum members worldwide!

How about Bright Orange with a red roof and green painted steel wheels,
THAT SHOULD BE A TRAFFIC STOPPER!

Who is going to be the first forum member to step away from the boring safe options of Grey, Silver etc, and be the centre of attention at the next Cali Forum meet? Not me, I think I’m brave enough changing from Natural Grey to Indium Grey, which I presume is typo for Indian Grey?

Grape Yellow tracker now a £252 option, can't quite see how VW justify that when the other solid colours are no cost options.

I've been brave enough to go from silver cars to the Cali, and yep not sure how they justify the £252. Been reading up on paints -
Solid Colours v Metallic v Pearlescent and middle ground is the Metallic in sparkle and maintenance. So no surprises I am opting for the indium Grey :)

I will buy a pint in admiration for anyone at a meet with an orange Ocean. Half a pint on a Beach where it seems more appropriate.

Indium is a metallic element (In). It's sometimes used in the reflective backing in mirrors. So probably a shiny grey metallic paint

Yep seen the Indium on a VW in the car showroom. Looked good.

Excellent. On the surface this looks much clearer. No doubt still a few questions but seems ok. LED headlights then and not the Bi-xenon!

I'm wondering if this is just VW typo of the month. It seems odd to me that VW has suddenly replaced bi-xenons with LED, and at exactly the same price as the bi-xenons.
If it's not a typo and we really are being offered LEDs I would like to see them before parting with £1,400. I had a look at a YouTube comparison of halogen vs LED vs bi-xenon headlights and the LEDs came out poorly. There are good LEDs and rubbish ones!

Still no mention in this pricelist of the comfort / premium dash for the Beach. I know it's unlikely but would like to know if the Integrated front window blinds are included with this dash option?

LEDs on this video of a 2015 Passat look pretty good:

Hi Susibus - where did you find this price list? have you seen the data sheet to go with it (with the option codes)? Thanks, Dave

I would recommend the Edition mdoel that includes the LED package if it is available in UK.

Hi Susibus - where did you find this price list? have you seen the data sheet to go with it (with the option codes)? Thanks, Dave
No I haven't seen any data sheet, I’ve requested one from VW but that was some time ago and it doesn't seem to be forthcoming probably because it doesn't exist. I have just posted any option codes as and when I get them verbally.

Back