Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not a California question but VW sharan interior height request

Barbara

Barbara

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Somewhat off California info but maybe someone can help. I have a very old VW Sharan with removable seats which is a very flexible thus making it easy to put in a number of bikes with the wheels still on and other large things. I once transported a Welsh dresser to Spain. My car is but getting old and non ULEZ compliant. Time for a newer version.

It looks like the 2010 onward design has folding not removable seats.

If someone has a post 2010 model would you mind folding the seats flat and measuring the internal height with them folded. I would like to be able to do the same sort of things with a newer one as my present one.

My California does all I want but if I am away with the California my husband may need to use the Sharan to transport things.

I am also considering a VW Sharan as it can go into some hotel garages that the van cannot. I have also considered a VW Caddy max but it's a bit more expensive as it would be a second vehicle. My husband has a motor scooter and the car will sit on the drive most of the time unused. Both the Sharan and Caddy have a similar dashboard to the van and as I am dyslexic I find it easier if both the vehicles I drive are similar. We also have an i10 which we will part exchange as I don't like driving it as it is too low. It is much nicer being in the California. Our current Sharan will most likely go to the big scrap yard in the sky.

Thanks for reading.

Not thinking of creating a two-tone prototype ‘Sharavan’ are you?
:Iamsorry
… for the non-serious response!

Back