Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Normal practice

C

CarolS

VIP Member
I recently asked my local VW dealer for a copy of the technician report relating to warranty issues submitted to VWCS and was informed that this information is never given to the customer. I wanted a copy of the report as after speaking to VWCS I strongly believe the technicians report contained information which was totally inaccurate. Is this normal practice?

It's wrong if it is.
Without sight of the technical report it is difficult to prove that the technician provided inaccurate information. The dealership refused to provide a copy of the report intially fobbing me off with various excuses i.e no record of report held on computer, paper records not available, not company policy to release such information. Since my visit I have visited another dealership and with their help agreed a satisfactory resolution with VWCS. However, it still irks me that I am denied access to a report writen by a VW technician on my VW California which I believe is inaccurate. Needless to say i will not be using the dealership in the future.

Make a Freedom of information request, if they decline they will have to provide a very good reason for doing so.

Having read a number of threads in this forum I am surprised that there aren't more freedom of information requests.

Back