Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbies with over 120 years between us!

SallyHG

SallyHG

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My partner and I have just bought our first Cali (T6). I was previously a classic motor vehicle exhibition organiser. I am now a photographer and published author. my partner was a teacher, born in Singapore, has travelled and lived abroad for most of her life. I had VW Troopers for 19 years and we recently shared an Eriba caravan. I am thrilled with the T6 although we will have to change the 4 bike rack as, being 2 women in our 60s, we struggle lifting our electric bikes that high! Lol! We live in Poole, Dorset and would love to hear from others. This is a great site, we’ve already learnt so much! Today we went down to the beach and parked up with at least 20 VW dudes and enjoyed the look of respect we got from mainly young men in their 30s and 40s who were there for the surf. We’re aiming to enjoy our purchase to the full! from Sally and Sue

BBD91A19-9D21-4ED4-A5CE-D568CA2A0103.jpeg
My partner and I have just bought our first Cali (T6). I was previously a classic motor vehicle exhibition organiser. I am now a photographer and published author. my partner was a teacher, born in Singapore, has travelled and lived abroad for most of her life. I had VW Troopers for 19 years and we recently shared an Eriba caravan. I am thrilled with the T6 although we will have to change the 4 bike rack as, being 2 women in our 60s, we struggle lifting our electric bikes that high! Lol! We live in Poole, Dorset and would love to hear from others. This is a great site, we’ve already learnt so much! Today we went down to the beach and parked up with at least 20 VW dudes and enjoyed the look of respect we got from mainly young men in their 30s and 40s who were there for the surf. We’re aiming to enjoy our purchase to the full! from Sally and Sue
Welcome Sally and Sue
Don‘t forget to share some pictures
Welcome Sally and Sue
Don‘t forget to share some pictures

I think @sapto wanted pictures of your previous Cali....;)
Welcome on board and thanks for caling me "young men" as i"m in my 40's ...:D

Good morning Sally (and Sue), a big welcome to the forum and to life in a T6. Brilliant things!

EE117040-D445-456A-9A1E-254200E63EB9.jpeg

It appears the heatwave may have ended here in the UK! A bit of a reprieve but frustrating for ‘Barry’, our new Cali!

Welcome! Check out a Thule tow bar bike rack. It's still not easy to lift though but a better solution.

Welcome! Check out a Thule tow bar bike rack. It's still not easy to lift though but a better solution.

I’ve had a look at the various threads on here. The Thule 932 plus detachable towbar, with swan neck seems to be a popular combination. Any advice is appreciated so thank you. And hello too