Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Year, New Tyres

Y

Yelekreb

Guest User
Happy New Year all!

I need a bit of advice on tyres. I currently have 4 x Bridgestone Duravis for my 140. These are: 215/65R16 C and have c18,000 miles on them. Rears are fine, but fronts are getting thin.

Can I replace the front set with a different make? (michelin agilis 51 and continental vanco seem well regarded, if expensive) or do I have to replace like with like?

Requirements: Safely, comfort, fuel efficiency and low noise. Open to suggestions!

Many thanks in advance!

I've just replaced the Bridgestones on the front of my 180 with Hancooks with 19k on them. They were recommended by SMG and seem to be perfectly fine.

Californiaman said:
I've just replaced the Bridgestones on the front of my 180 with Hancooks with 19k on them. They were recommended by SMG and seem to be perfectly fine.

Which got the 19k - the Bridgestones or the Hankooks? What size are you running?

I've just ordered some Hankooks on some sportline alloys - I'd be very happy if I got 19k from them. :D

I only got 9k on my 17" Dunlops and don't think I'll get more than 12k from the Kuhmos I've put on. (I think the tracking was slightly out causing early demise of the Dunlops but still don't think more than 12k was likely)

In answer to the first post - yes you can put different makes on different axles. I think legally you can mix makes on the same axle but probably better to match them. I tend to change tyres in pairs (ie front pair and back pair).

The Dunlops on the standard 17" Thunder alloys got 19k.

Californiaman said:
The Dunlops on the standard 17" Thunder alloys got 19k.

:eek:

I didn't even get that from my car when it ran Dunlops. I'm impressed.

I'll see what I can get now the tracking is true on the van.