Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to Californias - about to order

R

Robert

Hello! We are new to campervans and about to order a California. It is a 150ps dsg Ocean. Have decided most of the things we think we need/want but are baffled by a few things - e.g. Interior lighting - is the standard "comfort" lighting ok (and what is it) or do we need the additional stuff? And we want a white Cali, but wonder if the Pearlescent White is worth the wopping price tag. And other than an awning, privacy glass and parking sensors, are there any other "must have" extras?
Many thanks for any advice. Robert and Kate

Hello! We are new to campervans and about to order a California. It is a 150ps dsg Ocean. Have decided most of the things we think we need/want but are baffled by a few things - e.g. Interior lighting - is the standard "comfort" lighting ok (and what is it) or do we need the additional stuff? And we want a white Cali, but wonder if the Pearlescent White is worth the wopping price tag. And other than an awning, privacy glass and parking sensors, are there any other "must have" extras?
Comfort lighting is more than enough in my opinion (and seems better than T5).
I've seen pearlescent white on a Kombi and it looked great, it's a LOT of money though. Only you can work out whether the upgrade is worth it. Mudflaps are worth it in my opinion, as is app connect on the 6.33 stereo.
Also well worth getting the extended warranty and servicing plan.

Oh and hello and welcome! :)

Welcome, I only joined last week and this site is just full of useful info/advice.
I'd agree with the mud flaps and would add heavy duty mats for the front, rear bumper protector and multi function steering wheel. When deciding on extras I went on the principal of better looking at it than for it.
Exciting times, you'll love the van, they are so usable.

Welcome, I only joined last week and this site is just full of useful info/advice.
I'd agree with the mud flaps and would add heavy duty mats for the front, rear bumper protector and multi function steering wheel. When deciding on extras I went on the principal of better looking at it than for it.
Exciting times, you'll love the van, they are so usable.
I asked for some heavy duty mats on handover. With the true line 'I've never bought a new car without being given free mats - surely you won't be the first!?'.
I reckon it's something they almost expect to give away.

Thank you all for the invaluable advice. I will add many of the above tomorrow! Then I only have to wait until April/May........

Don't forget cruise control, bluetooth etc Make sure you have the normal swivelling front seats as well.

Have you seen the factory privacy glass option to check that it's dark enough for what you want? It would cost the same to add tinting film to it as it would to add a darker tinting film to the standard glass and save yourself a few hundred quid. Just a thought anyway. Good luck:)

IMG_1828.JPG Hi. We have a 150 DSG in Onyx white and it looks fab! We coughed at the huge price tag but onyx looks so much better than the standard white in our opinion that it was worth it. In the sun it look super sharp and clean looking and accentuates the lines on the T6. We didn't over spec our van, but felt the privacy glass, parking sensors and discovery sat nav were a must. Unusually we did not order the awning as we wanted the clean sleek look to our van. We bought a separate awning that we use when we are parked up if it's very sunny or drizzly. Also I'd recommend the dealer fit lowering springs. They really make the California look less like it's on tip-toes. It rides well and if you don't mind a little less ground clearance it really improves the look!