Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Beach roof canvas spec?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone received a brand new Beach recently?
I recently ordered one in Candy White over Starlight Blue. When I ordered it, I wanted to option a dark blue pop top canvas. Unfortunately VW weren't offering that option at that time (early August). However since then I've seen photos of brand new T6 Beaches, some with coloured canvas some with the standard grey. Some even have the new front opener that the Ocean has. I now haven't a clue what i'll end up with.

I have asked our dealer to confirm what canvas variant we will receive but he has only been able to confirm that VW aren't doing the coloured canvas in the UK at the moment.

If you have just received a new Cali Beach what canvas variant did you end up with?

My point being that VW don't appear to be very consistant on this particular feature.

Last edited:
We ordered a ocean and the blue canvas in June it’s still on the configurator but I did notice the new 6.1 had a darker grey canvas this I would of preferred but hey ho

Has anyone received a brand new Beach recently?
I recently ordered one in Candy White over Starlight Blue. When I ordered it, I wanted to option a dark blue pop top canvas. Unfortunately VW weren't offering that option at that time (early August). However since then I've seen photos of brand new T6 Beaches, some with coloured canvas some with the standard grey. Some even have the new front opener that the Ocean has. I now haven't a clue what i'll end up with.

I have asked our dealer to confirm what canvas variant we will receive but he has only been able to confirm that VW aren't doing the coloured canvas in the UK at the moment.

If you have just received a new Cali Beach what canvas variant did you end up with?

My point being that VW don't appear to be very consistant on this particular feature.
Beach end of June 2019 - Grey canvas without front opening

Those rare Beaches with front opening canvas will be worth a fortune come resale time :)
I just don't understand why they appear to be supplying differing specs without notice.

I just don't understand why they appear to be supplying differing specs without notice.
Mine has a red canvas with front opening. I guess that for the beach only the coloured ones have the opening (and not the grey ones).

Mine has a red canvas with front opening. I guess that for the beach only the coloured ones have the opening (and not the grey ones).
Where did you order yours?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the only think that annoys me about my October 2019 Beach is the lack of a front opening canvas.

I do take comfort from the fact that there is clearly one that fits (as some vans have it) so maybe I could get one at a later date. For some reason I really like the idea of being able to completely unzip the front of the bellows, would be great on a hot day with the divider pushed up and great to wake up and enjoy the view.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the only think that annoys me about my October 2019 Beach is the lack of a front opening canvas.

I do take comfort from the fact that there is clearly one that fits (as some vans have it) so maybe I could get one at a later date. For some reason I really like the idea of being able to completely unzip the front of the bellows, would be great on a hot day with the divider pushed up and great to wake up and enjoy the view.
Yes, I too find it irksome that VW do actually do a coloured Beach canvas with a front opener but us Brits aren't allowed to have it. Having said that, I have seen a photo of a new British registered Beach complete with red canvas and opener. I don't even mind paying extra for it. It would be nice to know what their policy is.