Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Roof Canvas

Private_Kelly

Private_Kelly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello
My California has recently returned from A B Crush Panelcraft after having the roof corrosion issue rectified.
I have to say the the body shop did a lovely job and the roof is as good as new or should I say better than new. Now this raises a question. I have been cleaning my van today in preparation for a 3 week camping trip to the Lake District and had a good look around my roof and noticed that the marks on the canvas where the bellows caught have gone. My question is, would the canvas be replaced whilst carrying out the roof repair?
It does appear to be new!!!!

Yes it would be a new canvas

I am surprised and pleased at the same time for that news and thanks for the very prompt reply. I didn't expect that.

Once removed it is very difficult to get the old canvas back in so they replace it with a nice new one

Yes - but in my case they replaced it with the T6 canvas.

Coming from the old canvas it seems to let far too much light in. I know there has been a long email thread about this already, but this seems to be a retrograde step. I'd be interested to see how folk who have replaced their T5 with a T6 are coping with this transparency issue. Maybe the major advantage is that it is more waterproof?

One minor plus is that the synthetic materiel is that thick that it actually secures the hatch firmly in place during travel.

Likewise my roof corrosion correction was performed by A B Crush. The service was excellent and they kept me informed at all times. The corrosion had spread further since it was reported with VW and VW rejected this warranty claim. A B Crush helped me over turn this. The canvas was replaced with a new T5 version (thankfully). The van was cleaned inside and out. They even knocked a kink out of the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk