Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Spec

R

rodbateman

Here's my spec for a new Cali…

180 Manual (cannot have 4 MOTION with extra seat)
Paint
Extra seat
Bluetooth (music streaming phone calls)
Media in (as an option to bluetooth if ever required)
Water shower (for cleaning shoes boots etc outside van)
Comfort mattress (after sampling just the seat!)
Flashlight (cheap - probably fits in somewhere neat)
Leather multi function (better feel than plastic, control bluetooth, media etc)
Awning black (cheaper than silver)
Towbar - detachable (future proofing - more expensive retro fitted - will use with Altera bike rack)
Aircon (comfort - always specced it)
Parking sensors (essential I think for parking manoerving
Privacy Glass (are there any specced without this!)

That costs £42,790 ex VAT new on November 14 prices (pre discount).

Any comments gratefully received.

Can someone link the November price list for me? VW website still has June, which is also what dealer gave me this week. Wondering how quickly I need to get my order in.

I have a hard copy November dated price list - takes effect from 1 November I believe. I received that that from Crawley Eurovans if your in that neck of the woods.

Hi,

Nice spec all round.

I would try and get to see the flashlight before ordering one. It's quite disappointing for what it costs. A basic Headtorch is just as good IMHO.

Also the Mf steering wheel doesn't let you skip track with a RCD310 stereo on Bluetooth. You can only control volume. The Media-In should give you full control though.

Cree LED torches are the future....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I dont suppose you could scan a copy of the NOV version for us please?

Also worth considering:

Mud flaps
Monster mats
rear tailgate protector

Atera bike rack is excellent but remember you will need the 3DL even if you only want to fit two bikes, the 2DL does not allow the back door to open.

Kirk said:
I dont suppose you could scan a copy of the NOV version for us please?
+1 :thumb

sbmcd said:
Atera bike rack is excellent but remember you will need the 3DL even if you only want to fit two bikes, the 2DL does not allow the back door to open.

:help What is 3DL and 2DL? Exscuse me if I'm being extra thick this evening. :?

Many thanks for replies….

Take your point on the torch - not many £ in the great scheme of things but a £ is a a £! - will try to see one.

The demo I looked at had the mud flaps - functional yes but aesthetically didn't think they looked that attractive - sticking out a bit for the bodywork (IMHO). Will look at Monster Mats and protectors.

I'll try and scan the Nov price list later today.

The torch isn't bad. Clips to the base of the drivers seat and makes a great footlight while charging. Nice to know where it will be and easy to grab if caught short in the night.

Sounds a great spec to me :thumb

Am i just going mad as I really don't remember seeing either the torch or the water shower in the brochure or on the price list when I ordered mine last month. Have I missed something?? :?

Maud

"Am i just going mad as I really don't remember seeing either the torch or the water shower in the brochure or on the price list when I ordered mine last month. Have I missed something??"

(how do you bring a quote forward in those nice yellow boxes?)

There under Comfort and Convenience section of price list - both the June 14 (on Web Site) and Nov 14 price list.

The frustrating change is that they appear to have made 4 MOTION available only if you do not spec an additional seat - I cannot see how an extra seat can affect 4 MOTION?

GregC

Are you happy with the natural grey? - looks like our preferred colour

Gregc said:
The torch isn't bad. Clips to the base of the drivers seat and makes a great footlight while charging. Nice to know where it will be and easy to grab if caught short in the night.

I agree its the small touches that count ,its all intergrated and you always now where it is.

Thanks, Rodbateman - I have found it now so was just being being 'blonde' as I thought! :D

Maud

Forget about VW's Privacy Glass. I'm bitterly disappointed with it on my Beach; it's totally see-through and not worth the name 'Privacy'. For the same money you can have it done professionally elsewhere, choosing your preferred degree of darkness.

The winter tyres are well worth considering. They make a huge difference to ride quality. Wear and grip are equal to the standard rubbers.

Romke said:
Forget about VW's Privacy Glass. I'm bitterly disappointed with it on my Beach; it's totally see-through and not worth the name 'Privacy'. For the same money you can have it done professionally elsewhere, choosing your preferred degree of darkness.

Thanks I'll look again at the factory specced option in the showroom - how do they apply the tint in the aftermarket - can it all be done for £255?

Cuba said:
The winter tyres are well worth considering. They make a huge difference to ride quality. Wear and grip are equal to the standard rubbers.

Thanks - are you suggesting the factory option - I think they are Dunlops. I'd expect the wear to be worse but the grip better. Are they all weather tyres. Not sure about winter tyres for summer use. I've heard they create more road noise.

Many thanks - great pics - particularly the rear three quarter view with bike rack and awning rail. Are those bi-xenon with LED running lights? I don't know what you get with the Chrome pack but I'm guessing you don't have that pack - can't see much added chrome!

There not the standard alloys?

Back