Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cal Ocean owners

C

Cyril

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
T6.1 150 DSG arrived albeit late after some roof / battery issues. Delivered with grease marks on drivers seat and bike rack incorrectly fitted. Woeful handover and telephone / email support. Listers of Worcester. Wife has been chomping at the bit to get a camper after we sold and Autonomies Comet nearly 20 years ago. Boind to fall into the trap of making silly mistakes, but really just happy to enjoy the learning curve. Scotland beckons tomorrow - a wee bit cold and wet, but we don't just want it sitting polished on the drive. No doubt we will be back on the thread begging for advice soon, in the meantime Northwards.

Welcome here!
Look forward to some pics of your first Caliadventure!
Happy camping

T6.1 150 DSG arrived albeit late after some roof / battery issues. Delivered with grease marks on drivers seat and bike rack incorrectly fitted. Woeful handover and telephone / email support. Listers of Worcester. Wife has been chomping at the bit to get a camper after we sold and Autonomies Comet nearly 20 years ago. Boind to fall into the trap of making silly mistakes, but really just happy to enjoy the learning curve. Scotland beckons tomorrow - a wee bit cold and wet, but we don't just want it sitting polished on the drive. No doubt we will be back on the thread begging for advice soon, in the meantime Northwards.
Welcome and happy travels.

:welcome It can only get better from now

now enjoy :bananadance2:pinkbanana :cheers

edit:

photos?

:welcome Welcome. Been four seasons in a day up here this week. Hope you have a good trip.

Congratulations! Enjoy your trip!

You've got me worried now. My van has just arrived at Listers of Worcester! They don't seem to respond to emails very promptly? Did you order through Autoebid? Did you collect or have it brought to you?

Welcome Cyril.

You've got me worried now. My van has just arrived at Listers of Worcester! They don't seem to respond to emails very promptly? Did you order through Autoebid? Did you collect or have it brought to you?
Bought through Autobid. Have been passed on to a new associate who telephoned to check up on issues. Promised an email covering problems, but nothing received.

Bought through Autobid. Have been passed on to a new associate who telephoned to check up on issues. Promised an email covering problems, but nothing received.
Crikey. Have you had further issues over and above the ones you mentioned? I know who the new person is. He has taken over the Autoebid orders and is terrible at replying. My van arrived at Listers over 2 weeks ago. I kept chasing for information and eventually got an email from him admitting the van was there after a week, then told me on the phone there was a problem on inspection with the tailgate and it needs sorting. A week later he won't reply to any of my emails. It's so frustrating!!!

Crikey. Have you had further issues over and above the ones you mentioned? I know who the new person is. He has taken over the Autoebid orders and is terrible at replying. My van arrived at Listers over 2 weeks ago. I kept chasing for information and eventually got an email from him admitting the van was there after a week, then told me on the phone there was a problem on inspection with the tailgate and it needs sorting. A week later he won't reply to any of my emails. It's so frustrating!!!
Escalate it within the business, they need to know their staff are inept.
Ask for the sales or after sales manager & dealer principal (call the main call centre for that dealer and ask for email address)

failing that Door step them ! (Saturday mid morning) with a rather loud voice !

Escalate it within the business, they need to know their staff are inept.
Ask for the sales or after sales manager & dealer principal (call the main call centre for that dealer and ask for email address)

failing that Door step them ! (Saturday mid morning) with a rather loud voice !
Ironically, he replied this evening apologising and saying he will know more from ‘Brand’ early next week about a ’completion date’. I thought the wait at status 10 was frustrating....but for me, the period since the van has been built has been by far the most exasperating.

Ironically, he replied this evening apologising and saying he will know more from ‘Brand’ early next week about a ’completion date’. I thought the wait at status 10 was frustrating....but for me, the period since the van has been built has been by far the most exasperating.
I think I’d be taking a look round the dealership to see if I could find the van and what the issue is.

I think I’d be taking a look round the dealership to see if I could find the van and what the issue is.
I thought of that...but I’m 150 miles away in London!

Back