Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach .... New Add Ons.

surfbus

surfbus

VIP Member
Spent a whole day at Vanstyle last Wednesday.
This was initially to get -40mm Bilsteins fitted and some Led DRL's however, by the time I finished browsing their website while waiting for the work to be done, the trade counter was full of bits and pieces of impulse buying and Stan the fitter also had an increased amount of bits to fit ... wind deflectors (they don't by the way !! but do look good) stainless trim on fogs, rear tailgate and lower grill. The guys at Vanstyle (Chris, Craig and Stan) were great ... highly recommended.
I also managed to work my way through their pile of VW magazines and came across James's article in the VWt Magazine. see attached pics.
On a less expensive note, I added a cheeky little bit of fun decal from "Mixikua".
They are also great people to deal with and Aitor was very helpful when I had problems fitting.
Cheers,
Bill
[album]1344[/album][album]1345[/album][album]1346[/album]

surfbus said:
Spent a whole day at Vanstyle last Wednesday.
This was initially to get -40mm Bilsteins fitted and some Led DRL's however, by the time I finished browsing their website while waiting for the work to be done, the trade counter was full of bits and pieces of impulse buying and Stan the fitter also had an increased amount of bits to fit ... wind deflectors (they don't by the way !! but do look good) stainless trim on fogs, rear tailgate and lower grill. The guys at Vanstyle (Chris, Craig and Stan) were great ... highly recommended.
I also managed to work my way through their pile of VW magazines and came across James's article in the VWt Magazine. see attached pics.
On a less expensive note, I added a cheeky little bit of fun decal from "Mixikua".
They are also great people to deal with and Aitor was very helpful when I had problems fitting.
Cheers,
Bill
[album]1344[/album][album]1345[/album][album]1346[/album]

Top article that :thanks

The chrome fog surrounds are interesting, normally offered on Velles, they look really smart on your van :)

Love the sticker to

I have to say I have always found my wind reflectors to work really well and they're used a lot. I am quite envious of the DSG in your Beach :)

James

Thanks James,
The Caravelle fogs have a slightly narrower and less blingey looking surround but these do look ok.
Maybe if I had shorter legs and the seat was further forward I wouldn't feel the wind but with the seat all the away back there is still a lot of wind turbulence ........ messes up my hair! :sad
DSG ..... I'm getting old and lazy. The 'velle was my first automatic car, now I wouldn't be without it and with auto lights and cruise, all you have to do is put the arm rests down and point & shoot.

Bill

surfbus said:
Thanks James,
The Caravelle fogs have a slightly narrower and less blingey looking surround but these do look ok.
Maybe if I had shorter legs and the seat was further forward I wouldn't feel the wind but with the seat all the away back there is still a lot of wind turbulence ........ messes up my hair! :sad
DSG ..... I'm getting old and lazy. The 'velle was my first automatic car, now I wouldn't be without it and with auto lights and cruise, all you have to do is put the arm rests down and point & shoot.

Bill

I think they suit the colour, it's quite an original update.

I think the DSG is perfect and had it been available when I bought my Beach, I'd gone for it :)

James

James
Ironically, when I was in the market for a new work van back in 2010, I wanted a T5 Transporter 180 BiTDi with DSG but, for some reason, that was not a valid VW option at that time and the only way I could get a 180 with DSG was to pay a bit more and get a Caravelle and then take the seats out. Now, three and a half years on I am driving a California ..... but in reality all I need is a Transporter. It's a funny old world. :lol: but I am very pleased with the Beach.
Bill

surfbus said:
James
Ironically, when I was in the market for a new work van back in 2010, I wanted a T5 Transporter 180 BiTDi with DSG but, for some reason, that was not a valid VW option at that time and the only way I could get a 180 with DSG was to pay a bit more and get a Caravelle and then take the seats out. Now, three and a half years on I am driving a California ..... but in reality all I need is a Transporter. It's a funny old world. :lol: but I am very pleased with the Beach.
Bill

You have a very distinct Beach in its spec, i think it's pretty good.

I wish VW imported the 180 DSG Beach to the UK, that would be nice :)

James

James said:

I would be right in line behind you to get one.
I am already getting better fuel consumption from the 140 but I'm sure that has more to do with the fact I am no longer tempted to put my foot down when "threatened" by other road users as I know that I do not have "the power" any more. ;) However, there is more than enough power for normal use.

Just looked at your wind deflectors, they look similar dimensions to mine ...... do you really get no wind turbulence in the cab when your driver window is fully down?

Bill

surfbus said:
James said:

I would be right in line behind you to get one.
I am already getting better fuel consumption from the 140 but I'm sure that has more to do with the fact I am no longer tempted to put my foot down when "threatened" by other road users as I know that I do not have "the power" any more. ;) However, there is more than enough power for normal use.

Just looked at your wind deflectors, they look similar dimensions to mine ...... do you really get no wind turbulence in the cab when your driver window is fully down?

Bill

I get a bit when they are fully down, but I mainly use them to lower the window just below them, I find then, they work pretty well, you get fresh air but you'd don't get the blustery effect.

If I was buying a Beach again, probably take the 140 over 112 I have now

James

Thanks James I'll try with the window down a little.
I was probably being over optimistic to expect no turbulence with it all the way down.

I find they work nicely like that - you get the breeze but you're not getting blustered to death.

James

Back