Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New batteries only 90%

• Thread starter Painted Pilgrim
  • Start date
If the Fridge is drawing power when Off then it will be a first, I'm afraid.
You said there were 3 aftermarket switches. What does the 3rd do?
Even if the 50/75amp cube fuse has gone it wouldn't produce a 0.8amp current draw.
The 2 in the b pillar were fitted first, 1 for the TV and 1 for the stereo to run on leisure (i think)
The 3rd switch in the dash was fitted 3 years ago when a new stereo was fitted as I've spoke to the company that fitted it. They piggybacked off the number 11 leisure battery fuse and this is the switch for that. If the B pillar switch is not on though the stereo will not work at all regardless of this dash switch position.
There is no extra current draw when the switch is on until you turn the actual stereo on.
Any ideas? I think the next step will be the auto electricians...

Have you tried removing the fuses one by one, as already suggested?

Have you tried removing the fuses one by one, as already suggested?
yes

FOUND IT!

There is a control unit for the TV under the drivers seat that was constantly on causing the draw.
showing 0.2a now which is the panel.
Thanks for the pointers guys

One problem sorted now on to the next! lol

FOUND IT!

There is a control unit for the TV under the drivers seat that was constantly on causing the draw.
showing 0.2a now which is the panel.
Thanks for the pointers guys

One problem sorted now on to the next! lol

And this one did not go through one of the fuses? :rolleyes:
If so, it needs to be fixed quickly.

Your total capacity is also suspect. You should get 4 days from 12.7V to 12.1V (drain 800mA) and you appear to be getting a a lot less than that.

In other words 80 Ah should last 100 h at 800 mA.

Your total capacity is also suspect. You should get 4 days from 12.7V to 12.1V (drain 800mA) and you appear to be getting a a lot less than that.

In other words 80 Ah should last 100 h at 800 mA.
Yes I need to check the fuse is not blown but my multimeter needs a new battery, looks like it's the case though doesnt it

Both batteries showing 12.48 today so both must be working and still a 0.2a draw with screen on.
Have plugged it back in and will give it a good charge.
Now onto the case of no water! lol

Both batteries showing 12.48 today so both must be working and still a 0.2a draw with screen on.
Have plugged it back in and will give it a good charge.
Now onto the case of no water! lol
If you are able to check the current draw you will find it drops to 0 amps, once the Control Panel screen switches Off and goes into Standby Mode.