• Thread starter Tunworththunderbolt
  • Start date
Tunworththunderbolt

Tunworththunderbolt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello,
I have a 2013 California SE which I have owned from 6 months old. I have always looked after the batteries in the normal way. Plug in charge once month 24 hours etc.
Had a new main battery 12 months ago.
Just returned from a three week trip to Ireland where the console was reading 90%, then dropping almost immediately to 60/50%.
Since home the cali has been on charge for 72 hours. Once unplugged console shows 90% then almost immediately drops to 30 / 40%.
I have just used a multimeter to check both leisure batteries and they both read 12.7v.
Yet console shows 30% charge.
I have searched the forum but can't seem to locate an answer to this.
Unsure what to do next. Do I need new batteries, is console showing incorrect reading. Can anyone help?
Many thanks in advance.

12.7 v is not 30%, more close to 100%.
Have you tried rebooting the control panel?
Disconnect both batteries from the car. Let then rest for at least one hour. Then measure them independently. Do they hold the same voltage? Or is there something wrong with one battery? Both battery fuse okay?/both batteries contributes in the system?
Have you used the batteries much during these 5 years? It’s possible to consume the whole battery life in 5 years if you use your van a lot...
Have you done your Earth Shunt?

Back