Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New AdBlue fix on T6?

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,

I've just taken my Cali in to Birmingham VW Van Centre to have the Infotainment system upgraded with new software fix for frozen VW Welcome screen issue (see previous thread).

And I was told that I'm due an AdBlue fix at the same time.

I was told that too much AdBlue is being used on repeated short journeys.

But conversely after the fix, I'll be using more AdBlue, so VW will give me a voucher for 8 free AdBlue refills to compensate.

Anyone else had this?

Yes, the 'upgrade' was done when in for second service. At first they said I'd be given upgrade as an option but they did it anyway.
No apparent effect when driving.

Hi actually the update is because NOx Emissions become to high during dpf regen so more adblue is injected during that phase to combat the NOx emissions, it has nothing to do with short journey adblue usage.

So can you refuse the upgrade...?

Yes, apparently it will erase eventual tuning as well.
Interesting to hear which version the multimedia system gets when it’s upgraded.
Never heard of it before.

I had it done and there is no difference to anything. It means I stay compliant and the van runs well.

It's a shame that the compensation is free ad blue top ups, I'm sure most people 'bulk buy' the stuff by default due to the fact that it generally comes in 5 or 10 litres with deals on 20l bundles....
Or is that just me?
I'd rather have a nice VW golfing umbrella or something :Grin.

It's a shame that the compensation is free ad blue top ups, I'm sure most people 'bulk buy' the stuff by default due to the fact that it generally comes in 5 or 10 litres with deals on 20l bundles....
Or is that just me?

The whole point is reduce CO2, using more CO2 to produce more crap to compensate people for using less CO2 is probably not on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole point is reduce CO2, using more CO2 to produce more crap to compensate people for using less CO2 is probably not on.

I don’t think CO2 comes into it. Adblu reduces other pollutants being formed

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

I don’t think CO2 comes into it. Adblu reduces other pollutants being formed

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

The same principle applies.

I don't have a problem with the software update for the NOx used during regnen....

I don't have a problem with the software update for the NOx used during regnen....

Good, so don’t ask VW to produce any more NOx or CO2 to produce and ship a golfing umbrella, or it would defeat the wider objective which is reduction of global emissions.

Good, so don’t ask VW to produce any more NOx or CO2 to produce and ship a golfing umbrella, or it would defeat the wider objective which is reduction of global emissions.

:veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny OK no umbrella for me but shouldn't you reduce your engine size???

Would you like another thread on NOx rights and wrongs or is this your display of humour?

:veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny :veryfunny OK no umbrella for me but shouldn't you reduce your engine size???

Would you like another thread on NOx rights and wrongs or is this your display of humour?

Hold on, it’s not me who wants a new umbrella because my engine was non complaint. On what planet does that make sense? We all need to stop buying crap, me included.

We can talk about NOx if you like. I got the big engine for its torque...I now think it was probably a mistake environmentally...

I wish there was a good alternative to fossil fuels available now.

We use about 100,000,000 barrels of oil a day. It’s not point scoring to think that’s a little worrying...

Or is that just me?
There is no time limit so will use up home supply 1st

Hold on, it’s not me who wants a new umbrella because my engine was non complaint. On what planet does that make sense? We all need to stop buying crap, me included.

We can talk about NOx if you like. I got the big engine for its torque...I now think it was probably a mistake environmentally...

I wish there was a good alternative to fossil fuels available now.

We use about 100,000,000 barrels of oil a day. It’s not point scoring to think that’s a little worrying...

So do you mind if I use an umbrella in the rain or not?
BTW compliant with what ...different rule tomorrow buddy.

It’s ok to use your old umbrella buddy.

Or is that just me?
We had the same recall in Switzerland a few months ago. The VW dealership paid around CHF 160 (around GBP 140) straight into our bank account as compensation for a potential higher consumption of adblue. There’s been no noticeable difference in consumption though.

We had the same recall in Switzerland a few months ago. The VW dealership paid around CHF 160 (around GBP 140) straight into our bank account as compensation for a potential higher consumption of adblue. There’s been no noticeable difference in consumption though.

Careful what you buy with that then or you might be responsible for the death of the planet. :happy
I'm sure you would rather have had ad blue.

It’s ok I have solar.

I hope there are no plastic parts on that solar equipment otherwise we are going to have to use more oil to fractionate out the carbon molecule chains for more plasticisers to make those bits while at the same time chucking all the less sought after molecule chains into the petrol and diesel blends.
You started it!!!!:mute

Back