Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEC Motorhome and Camping show this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Make sure you check out the lovely display of classic VW campers if you go to the NEC show this week - split Westies, Bay Westy + matching caravan, Bay Danbury, T3 Westy Joker, T4 Westfalia Highway..(RHD California special edition).:thumb
I managed to get a T4 sneaked into it but no T5 or 6 Calis because of the other VW convertors may be upset!
Am there Tues morning, will try and post a few pics up ...

... but no T5 or 6 Calis because ... ...

You serious? ...and I am there Saturday, going there all the way from down south ... planning to show my wife the innards of a T6 cali ... to impress her into owning one ... oh no!

I went in my first full season of being an intrepid Cali owner. I even stopped at a nearby Britstop so to be there early and have ALL day.

By 11am I was done :( Hardly anything worth seeing. The best bit was watching a bloke demo a full width folding door that created a washroom by sealing off half the MoHo then look very embarrassed as said sliding door came loose and he could have walked to the other end of the exhibition hall still holding it.:shocked

That, and the woman who locked herself into a caravan and no one could open the door to let her out almost made the entrance fee worthwhile.

Make sure you check out the lovely display of classic VW campers if you go to the NEC show this week - split Westies, Bay Westy + matching caravan, Bay Danbury, T3 Westy Joker, T4 Westfalia Highway..(RHD California special edition).:thumb
I managed to get a T4 sneaked into it but no T5 or 6 Calis because of the other VW convertors may be upset!
Am there Tues morning, will try and post a few pics up ...
Gutted!
I can't make it from Spain for this show as I have other commitments. I am hoping February's will be a good do!

We went last year and like GrannyJen we were out within 90 minutes, I find it a real cheek that they charge £26 to get in for both of us to effectively to be sold stuff? There was one single California at the show and that was a hire company, even they pestered us into trying to hire from them. I would say save your money and go to a Cali meet, you will gain so much more !

*************** are there and have an Ocean MY18 there on their stand - just seen it on their facebook post - looks great!
Can someone explain why we can't mention this company?

Can someone explain why we can't mention this company?
I think their name is frowned upon by the forum management as they also sell accessories and run a forum. They did however send me 2 free tickets to the show. :happy

I think their name is frowned upon by the forum management as they also sell accessories and run a forum. They did however send me 2 free tickets to the show. :happy
I don't think it is quit as simple as that.

I don't think it is quit as simple as that.
Perhaps it could be made clear then, lots of people ask the same question why their posts have been edited?

Well that's upto the Administrators/Owners. Maybe someone can enlighten us?
Possibly the Moderators can ask for an explanation to be posted?

The reasons go back in time to the early days of this forum and before Albert was even a twinkle in my eye.

There was a lot of acrimony around at the time within other forums, which was one of the reasons that this forum came about.

At the end of the day the owners do not need to give a reason, and at times there are good reasons why they cannot make public reasons for exclusion etc, , but I have asked Martin and Kevin to shed more light if it is appropriate for them to do so.

Surely we are all here to enjoy the same thing.....VW Cali's, even if they are a competitor seems odd their name can't be mentioned? The fact we are on here makes us believe this forum/spae is the best?

The forum moderators do an excellent job and this is a very open forum. If there are some minor restrictions then I have no issue. I also do not have problems with not mentioning competitors names as there will no doubt be good reason which i do not need to know. All that matters is the forum runs well and the moderators are appreciated ( I don't thing they get any benefit and give their time freely )

You serious? ...and I am there Saturday, going there all the way from down south ... planning to show my wife the innards of a T6 cali ... to impress her into owning one ... oh no!
There will be one there with the above rental company for you to look at as well as lots of T6 conversions. Always lots of campervans there but no official VW stand. :thumb

Well I for one am looking forward to our visit tomorrow to the NEC.

Must admit - I'm a bit worried that I may be hasty and put down a deposit on a 2 birth Coachman VIPcaravan with wet central heating. It's got to be far more comfortable in the winter in the UK than a Cali hasn't it? :).

Last time VW were at NEC was around 2005/6 I think...with new Californias...
in Germany and Europe VW Nutzfahrzeuge do huge really do stands in style at major shows but VWUK CV don't seem bothered at all .. but then again the Cali is a fraction of their commercial van sales...basically the Cali sells itself...
Shame VW don't do NEC or similar ... though there are some cracking convertors out there showing their versions to admire ...

Are we allowed to mention Mer****s M**co P**o on here, given its a competitor to our Cali's? What about that those well known online stores too like E**y and Am***n?

:stop:headbang

We all know that *************** means ***************!
[edit: doh!]

On the editing thing......
I have to be honest that I don't have a clue who's name is being edited out as I haven't been around the scene that long.
So I'd class myself as 'neutral' for what ever has prompted it.
Now if there was a name there instead of ******* I simply would have understood the post and moved on to the next one.
Instead I'm intrigued in a slightly uncomfortable way why there is a need for something to be blocked.

Ignoring past disputes our forum has advertisers who support and probably pay so why should the forum then give free advertising. That is the norm and to be honest is it any big deal? Life has enough issues without making mountains out of mole hills. :thumb

Goodness me,

On any forum there is action to remove scammers, spammers, trolls, abusive and disruptive posters, obscene posts, inappropriate posts, chancers and people the administration have simply fell out with for reasons best known to themselves and really no business of anyone else. If there was a requirement for every single action to be explained then this forum would simply close down. It would not be worth bothering with for all the hassle it would give.

In the beginning.... before the big bang..... There was a forum. For various reasons the people involved in that forum fell out. This forum was then born from the cosmic dust of that big bang. The protagonists .... well, not really protagonists, just people who had differing views, which is quite allowed.... chose to block each other out of the respective forums. It was mutual, there have been attempts at reconciliation, it is history, it is minor, it affects just one company, no it does not have anything to do with Cali competitors ( you only have to blink twice and see one of the biggest threads on here mentions the dreaded words Marco Polo over and over), it has nothing to do with eBay, amazon or Marks and Spencers.

Now, can we get back to talking about Cali's, the camper lifestyle and what makes it so good?

Last edited:
Now, can we get back to talking about Cali's, the camper lifestyle and what makes it so good?
Sort of.......

But bare this in mind.
People come along and join on a daily basis.
Uninterested in past disputes I'd say.
But when strange things happen in front of their eyes because of those disputes it's only natural to be curious and confused, so thats why questions are asked by the new blood.
Now if the forum elders say .... 'ah none of your business' it's pretty dismissive of the new members curiosity.

So it's worth being careful. I think what ever happened doesn't need to be dragged back up and made public with each influx of new members but a little bit of sharing can go a log way.
Sounds to me like all that needs to be said is something like post number 14 but even better march on without feeling the need for such action.

Just my 2 penneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back