Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY2017 Price list California

M

Mango

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all, just out today, Im told if you order before end of May the dealer will honour the old price.

Attachments

• California Price List June 2016 copy.pdf
    248 KB · Views: 412
Watch you don't get trampled in the stampede to the dealers :D

So does this mean pure grey and brilliant orange are finally real options for people to choose?
That's good if so.

No agreed. Quite glad as expecting build date soon and quite frankly only just recovered from option choices the first time round

Mike

Notes

Only Candy White and Cheery Red avalable on Ocean

Another well written VW document!

Is there a new brochure out somewhere as well?

I'd like to know what VW mean by 'Cupboard with Dark Wood trim' - have they changed the interior colours?

And the 'Wooden floor with plastic lining in passenger compartment' sounds interesting but it would be good to see a photo.

Good find ... couple of interesting items but don't know what they are:

9CE 4 standard interior lights and 1 fluorescent tube in passenger compartment + ÂŁ120
5BH Wooden floor with plastic lining in passenger compartment + TBC

I'm sure we won't have to wait long for some photos. Notice the electric tailgate hasn't made it on there, boot on the California is probably too heavy anyway (glazing, chairs, etc.)

How much % is the price increase?

About 1.5% by my reckoning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real life example:

Placed my order for a 4 motion Ocean in April, Price Inc vat and various discounts came to ÂŁ55,502 and after applying the price rise and the same discounts it comes to ÂŁ56,346 or an increase of ÂŁ844 (or aprox 1.5%) which agrees with T6 CFO comment.

incidentally, looking at the options I have chosen it seems options under ÂŁ350 have increased by ÂŁ5, between ÂŁ350-ÂŁ1k by ÂŁ10 and over ÂŁ1k by ÂŁ20... (as a rule of thumb)

picking up on a thread posted by Mango (MY2017 price list) I noticed a new option called carstick (price TBA) which for those who are interested is:

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 13.11.11.png

Says €112. Picked one up for £60 on EBay.

Mike

Sadly I haven't got my Cali yet but I've been preparing
I understand it does the same and can't see that it will do much more. I went for the WLAN option to future proof and as technology is moving so fast I shall at least have the hardware. I intend to get a fairly cheap three data SIM so that the Cali will be independent.

This thread covers this option:-

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/coupling-box-and-wlan.13547/page-3

Mike

Sadly I haven't got my Cali yet but I've been preparing
I understand it does the same and can't see that it will do much more. I went for the WLAN option to future proof and as technology is moving so fast I shall at least have the hardware. I intend to get a fairly cheap three data SIM so that the Cali will be independent.

This thread covers this option:-

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/coupling-box-and-wlan.13547/page-3

Mike

I've got wifi on my T5 and used it once or twice but found it a bit faffy compared with just using the phones but maybe I just never really gave it a chance...

I've got wifi on my T5 and used it once or twice but found it a bit faffy compared with just using the phones but maybe I just never really gave it a chance...
I'll post results with how I get on. Wanted the Cali to have capability as on occasions I will have my phone with me on bike and Cali may be support vehicle without data feed from phone. Oh! And I like toys

Does the WLAN attachment not increase the WIFI range due to some fancy antenna? I know the comfort pack mentions this.

Does the WLAN attachment not increase the WIFI range due to some fancy antenna? I know the comfort pack mentions this.
I believe it does which was another + point. I have not seen it confirmed by anyone using it. Like you say it says it does.

went for the WLAN option to future proof
Now that's where I differ Mike. I tend to think that this sort of technology will move much quicker than motor manufacturers can keep up with. So I've minimised the audio / IT / comms tech to just that required to integrate my iPhone (which gets upgraded regularly) with the van (I.e. AppConnect).

I do get your point about making the van independent though.

Now that's where I differ Mike. I tend to think that this sort of technology will move much quicker than motor manufacturers can keep up with. So I've minimised the audio / IT / comms tech to just that required to integrate my iPhone (which gets upgraded regularly) with the van (I.e. AppConnect).

I do get your point about making the van independent though.
In general I agree with you. On this occasion I was more concerned about the options for connectivity. Hardware is impossible to keep up with. On the + or you could say - side my timescales for how long it's got to stay current are diminishing

No afraid not. Not much point in hassling the dealer. Made a polite enquiry with him last week and he checked, no date. Hopefully get some movement soon.

Mike