Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My new Westfalia Joker has arrived

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
A few pics of my new Westy joker after 5 months wait.

Sand beige, DSG, all the packs, 18" alloys.

Off over the weekend to try everything out.

Like the big bed upstairs and hot water, luxury.

008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

Beautiful.
I saw the thing on the Parisian Camping Fair at Le Bourget last month.
Quality staff, well designed, good materials.
Wishing you a lot of fun with it.
Cheers
Andrzej

It looks awesome!!

Any shots of the interior??

I saw one at the Motorhome show today.

STUNNING

Looks really nice (although I would say that........->)

Although it was a long wait, you are in a great bus for the chilly days and nights to come.

For those that don't know the interior layout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QuLZe89sQ

Sorry to say it looks like an upturned boat

buster said:

I'm surprised we got to 7 +ve replies before someone couldn't hold their water.

Paul and I are of an age where we don't care, and we are sat inside looking out, whilst you are the one looking at it :lol:

Also we've got the kettle on whilst you are outside in the rain fitting your topper (etc I could go on).

Each to their own.

buster said:
Just my opinion I'm sure some people like the look not me I'm afraid.

Incredible how they squeeze so much into such a little space. Great to see Westfalia back in the VW game.

Enjoy!

It looks great Paul. Well worth the wait. When are you bringing it up to the Lakes so we can have a closer look?
Have Fun
Bob

buster said:
buster said:
Just my opinion I'm sure some people like the look not me I'm afraid.

Hello
I agree, the top is rather striking in look. But the new version is slightly less agressive, more modearate, seems to me, than the older version.
Unfortunately there must be a consensus between the look and practicalities.

Also my "Polyroof" roof looks somewhat weird, and because it is 20 cm lower (2.58m), and scrapped from the front hump, I can only dream about the functionalities of the new Westfalia. (mine is also short base).

the top is rather striking in look. But the new version is slightly less agressive, more modearate, seems to me, than the older version.

I'd like to see them side by side to compare but I think you may be right. My T4 is listed at 2.7m tall whereas the Westy web site gives the T5 at 2.8m....but the T5 platform may be higher. The easy way to spot them apart is the T4 roof goes to the very rear and the tailgate has been replaced with a custom panel. The T5 roof stops slightly short and retains the standard tailgate (and perhaps the deck chairs?).

There is another conversion that uses the same shape of roof but this one looks really top heavy (even) to me! http://www.hillsideleisure.co.uk/campervan-range/vw-buxton/ It comes in at 2.9m tall.

best I can do from available images.........

20140702_185019a.jpg 0082.jpg

I'd love to see interior shots too.
The exterior does look a bit odd and all those car parks a Cali can just fit in would be out plus I'm guessing mpg takes a big hit but I can see the appeal of the solid roof in bad weather.

Any impact in cross wind stability? My parents old T25 high top used to be all over the place in high winds.

Westfalia always do a great job though and I bet it's lovely inside?

reminds me of a Duck boat where they do those tours on the Thames? Does it float?

Come on chaps, it may not be to your taste but it'll be very well kitted out and has just cost the OP a lot of hard earned cash. Try and moderate the near insults a little.

KernowLad said:
Come on chaps, it may not be to your taste but it'll be very well kitted out and has just cost the OP a lot of hard earned cash. Try and moderate the near insults a little.

+1

I think I saw a Westfalia Joker from the ferry on the way to Calais in the summer

77577d1245075777-capsized-boat-capsize2.jpg

Now now I :sad did say the shape I didn't like now let's see the interior.

Back