My new bus is 30 years newer than my current one

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
After a few years restoring a T25, I've reached the conclusion I want something more modern and reliable.
I pick up my new California Beach at the end of the week.

Its a metallic grey Beach, with privacy glass, satnav, all the reversing sensors (wish my t25 had that) and 3 bench seat.

I am so excited and am really over joyed to find there is such a great community already in place. Must resist the urge to buy lots of add ons. Am tempted to find some kind of small day van style unit at some point.

I am a photographer to a degree and the newer van gives a bit more security for my gear and quadcopter (for filming. I love to kayak too and have 2 spaniels so I am hoping the beach proves very versatile.

My T25 https://t25campervan.wordpress.com
My photography http://www.warwickshirephotographer.com

Look forward to chatting to everyone.

Matt.

Great to find hidden treasures in your old van while restoring it....

Welcome!

Welcome Matt, I see from your avatar we have something else in common besides VW's :thumb

Problem with Cali's is they've got everything you need so it's a struggle trying to buy something to improve them. Good fun looking though, every time I go into a camping shop or hardware store I'm looking at stuff to see if it can be adapted to use in the Cali :)

Hope you can sleep alright between now and the end of the week :D

Haha so true, after years of using older campers, we have found some design features brilliant and other parts terrible.

The Cali really impressed us as they seemed to have address many of our frustrations with the other conversions and stuff we hadn't even thought about. I think you are right, other than maybe roof bars and a rear bumper guard, we can't think of anything else to buy.

Welcome bet you cant wait to pick up your beach

I actually didn't sleep very well last night, I guess I am a little excited. I haven't been this excited since being about 12 at Christmas.