Motordome Guy Ropes

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

We have just got ourselves a 2014 Motordome Classic Awning and have tried it in the back garden. Really easy to put up and take down, however, we could not figure out the guy ropes.

Every time I tried to tension them using the black clip thing, they just slipped and lost all tension.

e are off on a trip to Switzerland in a weeks time so given the fact most of of stays will be in the mountains, I would like it to be secure as possible given possible mountainous winds!

Any advice would be great, I am clearly doing something wrong, not in the Scouts!

Thanks,

Andrew.

Ajspicer said:
Hi,

We have just got ourselves a 2014 Motordome Classic Awning and have tried it in the back garden. Really easy to put up and take down, however, we could not figure out the guy ropes.

Every time I tried to tension them using the black clip thing, they just slipped and lost all tension.

e are off on a trip to Switzerland in a weeks time so given the fact most of of stays will be in the mountains, I would like it to be secure as possible given possible mountainous winds!

Any advice would be great, I am clearly doing something wrong, not in the Scouts!

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

The black plastic tensioner will likely have three holes, if we call these from top to bottom, A, B and C, you are probably currently using the loop between A and B, But should be looping from B to C.

I hope this makes some sense.

Thanks

James

Back