Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motordome Classic Groundsheet

Blakey

Blakey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Morning all,

Does anyone here own the Motordome Classic awning, with the official ground sheet? And if so can you give me/us a quick review, please?

We own the basic awning. We also have a big groundsheet from an old kyham tent which is longer and thinner than the Motordome. This means that some of the ground inside the awning is not covered. It also means that the groundsheet runs under the van side door meaning we have groundsheet right up to the doorway.

Does the official ground sheet cover the distance to the van itself when attached or is there a patch of open ground there?

Cheers!
Blakey

Blakey

Some Campsites now require a breathable ground sheet so you are better off with one of these.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1819

They are easier to clean and come with a bag to keep your Cali mud free. :thumb

John

Thanks John. Very useful info.

One question about 3m x 3m ground sheets in this awning: I assume this leaves a gap between the awning and the van when attached and parked up. What do people do about that? Just leave a grassy stretch between the two?

Cheers
Blakey

the groundsheet covers the footprint of the tent part and the walkway to the van :thumb

they are 3x4.2 and have peg down holes that match to the awning holes

choplee said:
the groundsheet covers the footprint of the tent part and the walkway to the van :thumb

Thanks!

Just to clarify you are talking about the official Kyham ground sheet, right? I guess that when you drive away you fold the extra flap back into the awning - other wise it would be outside in the rain...?

Cheers!

Blakey said:
choplee said:

Thanks!

Just to clarify you are talking about the official Kyham ground sheet, right? I guess that when you drive away you fold the extra flap back into the awning - other wise it would be outside in the rain...?

Cheers!

it's deffo the original khyam groundsheet ...it has pegs either side of the zip up part to make it into a tent , just fold the groundsheet back and zip up and drive off
and so keeping the rain out :rain

Back