Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

More sacks than cups?

Do they still play at Kenilworth road.?

I went there once, many years ago, supporting Chelsea, my lifelong team.
Yes still at the Kenny, entrance to the away end through what would have been the front room of a terraced house & then up a steel staircase overhanging someones garden.
Work has started on the new ground right in the town centre, but the old one certainly has has a bit of character!

I am surprised by the fuss TBH. However, I am far, far, removed from soccer in the UK or anywhere else. I gave up even remotely being aware of the sport around 1988. When asked, I explain the the game started to get silly (to me at least) for transfer prices and players wages around that time, coupled with all the play-acting on the pitch. The game was just not interesting to watch at all. Since then I've not really watched much, only World Cups if I had the time. But I have to say the one series I did enjoy was the most recent women's World Cup!

It's all over now. It's cancelled :)
I cannot see the reason to support a particular team anymore. Most teams (larger ones at least) are owned by foreigners, managed by foreigners and have mostly foreign players. I am not being anti foreign, my point being that there's hardly anything to distinguish one club from another except of where they play.
The old clubs with local talent that identified with the local community have long gone and are now the play things and/or 'international factories' generating money for their rich owners/investors. So I have trouble understanding the loyalty supporters have for a particular club.
The way for clubs to deserve the loyalty of their very dedicated supporters will be to adopt the German model that allows for supporters to be involved in the running of their club.

I cannot see the reason to support a particular team anymore. Most teams (larger ones at least) are owned by foreigners, managed by foreigners and have mostly foreign players. I am not being anti foreign, my point being that there's hardly anything to distinguish one club from another except of where they play.
The old clubs with local talent that identified with the local community have long gone and are now the play things and/or 'international factories' generating money for their rich owners/investors.

Thats true for those in the premiership and one or two other teams, drop down a level or two & the picture is totally different.

I remember reading that dutch international Ruud Gullit had collected 66 x dutch caps during his football career ?? - i know its important to have a hobby but i always thought that was a bit odd - im not sure he'd get away with it these days

Referring to the original post, actually Mourinho has won 20 pieces of silverware across 9 clubs (including 2 champions league cups) - so more cups than sackings.

He's obviously very rich, and probably doesn't need to work again, but he will no doubt be offered more big lucrative contracts. The most successful recent clubs roll in and roll out new mangers frequently and he is happy to fit into that philosophy. You could say Chelsea were pivotal in defining this modus operandi, Why not if you've got the money? It re-vitalises the club even for a short time before the next coach is appointed. If Chelsea win the Champions League this year, but do relatively poorly next year (say, come 3rd) Thomas Tuchel will be replaced, but as a Chelsea fan I expect that.