Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mobile phone query

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having owned our SE for seventeen months, I today decided to try to pair up Mrs B's telephonic device with the radio/Sat Nav but only because I had become bored waiting outside Sainsburys like an old spaniel tied to a bollard. Mobile phones aren't my thing and I much prefer being off radar. Mrs B on the other hand likes to remain in touch.
After perusing the hand book I quickly discovered that it had been written in another language. So after Mrs B had reappeared loaded with essential rations we stopped off at our local VW Commercial dealership. Whilst there, a very nice young man did the whole think in about thirty seconds. After we had left, Mrs B asked if more than one mobile could be paired to the radio/sat nav? Does anyone know?

I don't know why she/we would want to do that, but I said that I would ask the question.

Yes, you can add multiple phones.... And also set a "priority" list, (league table) to ensure the "most important" phone connects, when there are multiple in-range.

Works for me and the Mrs, as we share the Cali during the week, She uses it to commute 2x days, me 3x days.... Then at the weekend, when we are generally both on-board. Only my phone connects.

Guess who set it up, and guess who doesn't know about the priority list!

Last edited:
Yes, you can add multiple phones.... And also set a "priority" list, to ensure the most important phones connects, when their are multiple in-range.

Works for me and the Mrs, as we share the Cali during the week, She uses it to commute 2x days, me 3x days.... Then at the weekend, went we are generally both on-board. Only my phone connects.
Thanks Jonathan,
As she was watching what the young man did (I had wandered off), I will get Mrs B to pair up the other phone. She insisted that I had a mobile "for emergencies". Unfortunately I hardly ever take it with me and if I do the battery is usually flat. At least if it stays in the van it stands more chance of being useful.
Once again thanks,

Paul

I think it depends on model year & what radio/bluetooth system you have.
Ours is a 2014 van with the basic radio, I can't see a way of prioritising phones it seems to look for whatever was connected last, but you can have a totally separate BT device streaming to the audio input to the one connected for the phone.

It is possible to pair 'several' mobile phones but only two can be connected at any one time. The system will always try to pair with phones in the order they were last connected (most recent first). The phones can be prioritised via the phone settings menu. The highest prioriised phone at any time will be used for any outgoing calls.

Thanks to you all for your input,
I will get Mrs B to look into pairing our other mobile as described.
:thanks

Back