Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mini projector for Apple IPad or Iphone

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Team, I have looked through the many ‘projector’ threads but this question is quite specific to Apple.

Does anyone use a projector with Apple stuff for the image source and Bluetooth speakers for the sound? I would be interested to hear how you got on, your recommendations etc. From previous attempts over the years with my home projector I recall sound and picture synchronisation can sometimes rear it’s ugly head.

I know many use the Nebula but that is geared more towards Android. Also I am hoping to minimise the plethora of cables and adapters that Apple always seem to require! (yes I know, should gone Android but I’m in deep now :oops: ).

So, the brief……… Small, simple, minimalist……… and at a reasonable price if possible. Too much to ask?

Many thanks.

Nebula Capsule (+ apple hdmi cable for Netflix).

Capsule can be charged off USB or power bank, other models need a 3 pin plug / inverter.

Will easily link to any Bluetooth speaker or home soundbar…but the internal speaker is also very good.

Wait for an offer on Amazon, we purchased an Amazon renewed one.

Last edited:
As above, Nebula capsule max, iPad with HDMI adapter, works great from Apple TV and Disney + (think fine with Netflix also but not used for a while). Best thing is you can download to iPad or iPhone so no streaming issues if low signal.

Hi Team, I have looked through the many ‘projector’ threads but this question is quite specific to Apple.

Does anyone use a projector with Apple stuff for the image source and Bluetooth speakers for the sound? I would be interested to hear how you got on, your recommendations etc. From previous attempts over the years with my home projector I recall sound and picture synchronisation can sometimes rear it’s ugly head.

I know many use the Nebula but that is geared more towards Android. Also I am hoping to minimise the plethora of cables and adapters that Apple always seem to require! (yes I know, should gone Android but I’m in deep now :oops: ).

So, the brief……… Small, simple, minimalist……… and at a reasonable price if possible. Too much to ask?

Many thanks.
We use a Nebula with Apple phone

I believe the Samsung freestyle comes with Airplay2, so more compatible with Apple products than maybe the Anker Nebula models.

i had nebula as well, first version..but how long does the battery last ? sometimes happen i can't see a full movie with one charge.

Can you link a Firestick to a Nebula?

I have a Kodak Luma projector - really small and they come in a couple of different levels. It works well hooked up via an hdmi cable to my iPhone (where my movies are downloaded via Netflix, Apple, Disney etc).
One issue I have though, and I am not sure if this is common to all projectors, is that some movies won’t actually play. No idea why. Perhaps someone else can opine on this.

I have a Kodak Luma projector - really small and they come in a couple of different levels. It works well hooked up via an hdmi cable to my iPhone (where my movies are downloaded via Netflix, Apple, Disney etc).
One issue I have though, and I am not sure if this is common to all projectors, is that some movies won’t actually play. No idea why. Perhaps someone else can opine on this.
We had issues with Netflix on our old Apeman projector, but was cured using a genuine Apple HDMI adaptor (non apple leads won’t always work, might work initially but will then most likely fail when next apple update is carried out. Companies pay a fortune to have ‘apple approved’ stamped on the box. So apple take steps to protect the investment).

Back