Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Midlife Refurbishment - 2008 T5

Joss Apps

Joss Apps

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
So we've had out T5 Cali SE for 5 years, has 88k on the clock, going strong but in need of some investment to fix worn or damaged bits and bobs. Thought about upgrading decided to invest time and money to bring back up to top notch condition. There are plenty of T5 Cali's at 10 years, has anyone else been in this situation, got any advice?

Not sure what order to do what but the TTD include things for the regular T5 and then the Cali fit out. For the T5 there’s driver’s window motor, side door which could be linked, exhaust back box, bodywork all round, cracked engine tray. For the Cali there’s the rear and wardrobe doors to replace, bent fridge lid strut, missing LCD lines on the Central Control unit and worn buttons. For upgrades I fancy daylight running inserts.

Not sure what order to do what but the TTD include things for the regular T5 and then the Cali fit out. For the T5 there’s driver’s window motor, side door which could be linked, exhaust back box, bodywork all round, cracked engine tray. For the Cali there’s the rear and wardrobe doors to replace, bent fridge lid strut, missing LCD lines on the Central Control unit and worn buttons. For upgrades I fancy daylight running inserts.
Am staying + sons house Saturday night in Cali , Perry road if in area

Yes - mine's a 2008 (had it from new!) and it's more a question or repairs than upgrades (broken blinds, cupboard shutters - all "botched" repairs, but at least they work). The exception I've made is the radio, which became completelely unpredictable. I had a new Kenwood DAB/satnav fitted, and I've had no end of trouble. The local fitter left out a bit of the wiring loom because "you don't need it" and it has caused no end of trouble. These old vans don't have an "A" key position, so the wiring is different to all other makes. If the radio "expert" doesn't take any notice of this, you're in trouble!