Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Midges on north east coast Scotland in late June

RedCali

RedCali

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We are getting our Cali in the middle of June, so too late really for the north west if we want to avoid the midges. We would be grateful for any midge advice about the east coast - wondering about the CC site at Brora. Thank you in advance.

I have never had a problem with midges on that coast in summer.

The CC site at Brora is lovely.

If wanting to go a little bit native there is a britstop in Helmsdale and some lovely CL's around Loch Fleet.

The midges don't like the coastal areas! Take nivea skin so soft and they'll leave you alone..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks GrannyJen and Californiaman, think we'll head that way. Will check out Britstop- hadnt thought about that, but very happy to manage with minimal washing!

I do not have my book with me but I do believe there is a nice Britstop around Loch Fleet itself.

I do not know how well you know the area: From Golspie to go via Loch Fleet avoids a horrible part of the A9 and dumps you into some gorgeous, bypassed, wonderful parts of the Scottish coast beofre heading for Tain and a rather delightful visitor centre at a premises called Glenmorangie :bananadance