Members with VCDS/Carista/VAG devices

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
There are quite a few options today to allow you to reset error codes or even make changes to your Cali. I thought it may be worth a little thread for those who have access and are willing to share that access with members in need.

Obviously any changes made are at the owners own risk and should be properly researched before being made.

Only add your name if you are willing to help other users who request it.

Matt BW - Warks near Coventry UK - VAG401 terminal device and Carista dongle and app.

Good Idea!

Mike - Bristol - Carista dongle and app. (Not yet pro version as awaiting Cali) Going to practice on my Touran which had recent airbag reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WelshGas -Paul

Vale of Glamorgan - Carista OBD Dongle + iPad App.

DM - Dave

South Leicestershire.

Carista Dongle and Pro App. - considerably more use to T5 owners than T6 ! (see my related Carista posts).

Last edited:
I bought a VCDS cable and Ross-tech software on lap top after removing the front seat whilst listening to the radio... Airbag fault. Resetting was easy - cost was only a little more than a a visit to a dealer to reset.
It has also been used to diagnose a few little problems, change the locking to single click all doors, plus auto lock at 10mph(out similar low speed).
Works with my T5, but think I will need an upgrade for the T6 on order.
I'm in mid-staffordshire.

VW master-tech - Andy
Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes

15 years experience on VW commercial vehicles
VCDS, VAS PC and Odis dealer level diag

Had an emissions warning on my Touran so have now enabled my Carista Dongle if anyone needs it in Bristol area.
It said £14.99 for lifetime and as Touran is going to one of my boys it was worth doing. Spookily fault had sorted itself out anyway. Doors now auto-lock when moving after 10 years

Edit: I live a couple of minutes walk from the site in centre of Bristol on the Harbourside so anyone visiting just PM me.

Mike

Last edited:
I have a full VCDS in the Berkeley, Glos area.

Working from home so you are welcome to call in if you are passing.

I've got VCDS and tge Ross Tech cable.

During this month in Cardiff, but just about to move to..... not yet 100% dedided, but most likely Manchester and less Bristol, with a non yet closed 1 year project in ipswich (what a kerfuffle)

Mike. South of Norwich..

Carista and IPad app. Only used it once so far to reset an engine fault light caused by a failed outside air temp sensor.

The van appears to turn on additional heating irrespective of the dash control settings when it thinks the outside temp is between -20 c until it goes out of range at -45 c. Most annoying!

Still getting the Beta releases free for Carista and nothing much changed until the latest. It's now on Version 3.5 beta 350007.

Until this one not looking like much was changing but it has a few new options. Not made any significant changes myself and to be honest would not pay for it. Still no auto fold for the door mirrors but I noticed a few extras like auto heat door mirrors with rear demist, enable disable tpms and daylight lights. I'll do some screen shots sometime but was in a bit more of a rush today.

I will probably be popping into the meet at Brean if anyone wants to change anything.

Mike

I have April 2015 t5 180 4motion dsg. Was told by my dealer that there was no option to auto lock the doors . Is that correct ?

I have April 2015 t5 180 4motion dsg. Was told by my dealer that there was no option to auto lock the doors . Is that correct ?
I believe your dealer is wrong. Someone with T5 will no doubt confirm but would be surprised if you couldn't.

Mike

I think you can set auto door lock. But would have to check when I get time.
You could Google it or ask on T4/T5 forum.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

T6. Is there options in Carista for disabling seat belts warning and disabling auto engine stop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T6. Is there options in Carista for disabling seat belts warning and disabling auto engine stop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't believe either. I will let you know if different

Mike

Not sure about the T5 I'm afraid but I have been able to set doors to auto-lock on my T6.

auto heat door mirrors with rear demist, enable disable tpms and daylight lights
I think some of these options have appeared on my general release version 3.4.2 . I'll check this evening and post some screenshots

Not sure about the T5 I'm afraid but I have been able to set doors to auto-lock on my T6.
DM I'll have a look at the door looking options tomorrow when I fire it up.

Mike

Back